F1 2013 Season Discussion Thread

jimufctna24

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting line-up for Ferrari, if that is confirmed. Both world champions, both top drivers, but also both in the later stages of their career, it has to be said. A very different approach from other teams, who are usually trying to bring through a younger driver as their potential future top driver.

Alonso vs Kimi head to head is the most intriguing teammate head to head since Lewis vs Jenson. Andrew Benson's quoted Red Bull sources saying that it is believed that Alonso is faster than Kimi, and by quite a bit given their relative performance measured by teammate comparisons and the cars they play with.

Benson and his colleague Eddie Jordan, have been reporting information in recent times that other outlets have not picked up on. Given Jordan said weeks ago Kimi is moving to Ferrari and Riccardo was to Red Bull and last year broke that Lewis was off to Mercedes, some information coming from Benson might have some merit to it. Benson acknowledged that he has the sources as Jordan within Red Bull.

Another interesting find from Benson is that Riccardo in a test was .2 tenths faster than Vettel in relative pace, several variables could distort this as their lap times were done on a different day and the term "relative" means they were on different fuel loads and set ups. It is more of a estimate from Red Bull in how they think those variables are measured, rather than statistical fact. I expect Vettel to trounce Riccardo in 2014, but I would like to be wrong, and that bit of information does give a tiny hope.

Anyway, I see Hulkenberg going to Lotus if Kimi does take the Ferraro seat. I expect the Alonso/Lotus rumors to be debunked later, when Alonso is confirmed for 2014 at Ferrari.

• Paid Members
Having said I didn't see the merits of Hulkenberg, he certainly had a good weekend. Where that pace came from, I have no idea as the Sauber's been unimpressive for months.

Sauber had big hopes of points from both drivers at the weekend as they knew the car would be quick. It's fair to say the under-performing Gutierrez isn't a popular man within the team right now.

Just a little note that you can now follow the site on Twitter by looking for @Formula1UKNews.

And a little favour if you goto the site, take 2 seconds to click on the AdSense, it pays for the hosting and server space for the site.

Thanks everyone who has messaged me so far about writing, it does got to show there are some nice peeps on this board!!

I like this rumour:

Brawn buying into Williams?

The Monza paddock began to disband late on Sunday amid the swirling rumour that Ross Brawn may be buying into the Williams team.

The story was mentioned by the British broadcaster Sky, in the wake of earlier news that Toto Wolff is moving to sell his 15 per cent share in the Grove based team.

Wolff and Brawn currently work together at Mercedes, who will supply V6 engines to Williams next year.

Brawn, team boss, has acknowledged he will eventually be replaced by Mercedes' new signing Paddy Lowe, so - if true - buying into Williams would breathe new life into his long career.

Briton Brawn, 58, began his career in the 70s when Sir Frank Williams gave him a job as a machinist.

Later, in the mid 90s, he worked with great success at Benetton alongside Pat Symonds, who has just started work as Williams' new technical boss.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, however, reported on Saturday that Wolff in fact seems to be selling his 15 per cent team stake to a Russian interest.

And Sky acknowledged on Sunday that Williams advisor Alex Wurz, a former team driver, had vehemently denied the rumour.

Other reports said Wolff himself also denied he is selling his stake to Brawn.

I was always a Williams fan when young, and it's really sad to watch their slow decline into the bottom of the pack. Something like this could really change things there.

Just a little note that you can now follow the site on Twitter by looking for @Formula1UKNews.

And a little favour if you goto the site, take 2 seconds to click on the AdSense, it pays for the hosting and server space for the site.

Thanks everyone who has messaged me so far about writing, it does got to show there are some nice peeps on this board!!

By AdSense, do you mean any of the ads? Just want to make sure I'm clicking the right things.

You'll be pleased to know Loki that there will be an article coming on the site soon all about Williams and its fall from grace.

I will be starting it later this week :)

Williams was always one of my favourite teams, especially after Senna moved there and I was always a big fan of Damon Hill so its very sad to see where they are now.

By AdSense, do you mean any of the ads? Just want to make sure I'm clicking the right things.

You should be able to see 2 fairly sizable columns on the left and right with flash videos in. These show on every page and post mate. Thanks BTW.

There's also AdSense on the following sites Mobile Phone Reviews UK Football Shirt News - Shirts From Around

Archived