Who does it best?

Carbomb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how),

Butch knows best.

Most people understand that I would imagine, but it still doesn't change the fact that most people also get a lot of enjoyment out of specific moves and how they're performed.

• Paid Members
Of course not. I wouldn't have started that other thread if i didn't love wrestling moves. I think you'd be surprised by how many fans and people who get into the business actually don't understand that concept though.

I agree. But I figured that this forum is the kind of place where the majority of people appreciate that already, hence why I didn't mention it in the OP.

We're all on that page, Butchy.

This is a good thread to again mention Kazarian's taking of Angle's suplexes in the last year. My highlight of wrestling in the last year or two, absolutely ace.

Incidentally, if you haven't seen that match, watch it. It's a masterclass in tag wrestling, working a crowd, doing the right moves at the right time, all that. All 4 guys are so gifted, and play their parts so well. It's the perfect mix of athletic, quick wrestling and real working nouse. Angle suplexes both guys at the same time at one point soon after in the above link, it's beautifully done, and crucially during Angle's hot-tag comeback.

I was watching an IWRG show the other night and Solar was busting out the most wonderful backbreakers. So many people just snap them out and make them look stupidly easy, but his backbreakers actually looked like a struggle and all the more powerful for it, they really stood out to me.

Benoit used to do a shoulderbreaker where he dropped their shoulder onto his knee from a suspended suplex. Sick move.

We're just talking about good moves now :p

• Paid Members
Benoit used to do a shoulderbreaker where he dropped their shoulder onto his knee from a suspended suplex. Sick move.

I think that was Mark Sloan's finisher for a while - he called it the "Tomorrow Driver".

• Paid Members

Close - the Tomorrow Driver was a straight brainbuster onto the knee, head-first. Also had a double-underhook version called the Speci Driver for when he was feeling especially vicious. I loved Mark Sloan in the FWA days. His gimmick was basically "tiny, murderous wrestling teacher".

EDIT: Videos!

I won't argue that Savage & Michaels do the two best top rope elbow drops, but I'd say Perry Saturn would be third.

Not a wrestling move per say, but something a lot of wrestlers do: Paul Roma's leapfrog was amazing. He was a small guy, so seeing him easily clear guys much taller than him was very impressive.

As someone mentioned Rikishi taking clotheslines, I will also mention that Shawn Michaels took the best backdrop I've ever seen from The Warlord at Survivor Series 1990. Second best at taking backdrops would be Lance Storm.

Archived