Who does it best?

Carbomb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
In terms of selling, Rikishi's selling of a clothesline was amazing, that 360 degree flip round. Someone in TNA did it recently, I popped.

I always think of this when thinking of someone selling a clothesline.

But given Rikishi's girth and low center of gravity, makes The Keesh's all the more impressive.

In terms of selling, Rikishi's selling of a clothesline was amazing, that 360 degree flip round. Someone in TNA did it recently, I popped.

Quite impressive for his size. Dustin Rhodes did a similar thing too, and it always looked great.

Speaking of Fatu, his top rope splash was a thing of beauty.

I also watched Clash of the Champions 7 the other week and had to rematch Michael Hayes' DDT on Shane Douglas back a few times. Was never usually that impressed with Hayes in he ring but this looked perfect.

Powerbomb: Taker's last ride / Nash

DDT: Jake Roberts

Frog Slash: Val Venis

Elbow from top rope: Randy Savage

Leg Drop: Hulk Hogan

Spinebuster: Arm Anderson / The Rock's where he springs straight back up

Fall Away Slam: Scott Hall

Flying Headbutt: Dynamite Kid

Snap Suplex: Dynamite Kid

Superkick: Shawn Michaels

Punches: Bret Hart

Kicks: Stone Cold

Chops: Ric Flair

Chokeslam/Goozle: Undertaker / Kane are both superb

Piledriver: Taker / Lawler

Pumphandle Slam: Road Dawg Jesse James

Vertical Suplex: Davey Boy Smith

Elbow Drop: Dusty Rhodes

Always thought as far as straight up punching goes, Bret Hart was A1. He looked intense as hell, like he was aiming to knock your head off, it looked believeable, and by all accounts was totally safe. Whereas where Austin looked great, multiple people have said it hurt like hell. Bret was a magician in the ring.

• Moderators

While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how), everything Barry Windham did was so graceful it beggers belief. Even when he got fat, his superplex into a pin was amazingly fluid and looked fantastic.

While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how), everything Barry Windham did was so graceful it beggars belief. Even when he got fat, his superplex into a pin was amazingly fluid and looked fantastic.

• Paid Members
Frog Slash: Val Venis

Val Venis didn't do a frog splash, it was just a basic splash - he didn't do any of the "froggy" movement mid-air.

While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how)

Fair enough, but you would agree, or in fact even be the first to say, that Brad Armstrong's Russian Legsweep was a thing of beauty? IMO it's the only time anyone's ever made that move look good enough to be a finisher.

While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how), everything Barry Windham did was so graceful it beggers belief. Even when he got fat, his superplex into a pin was amazingly fluid and looked fantastic.

While I've never really been one to be too bothered how what move is which and called what and how good one's done (when and why is far far far more important than how), everything Barry Windham did was so graceful it beggars belief. Even when he got fat, his superplex into a pin was amazingly fluid and looked fantastic.

This is absolutely right. Even how he entered the ring was amazing. He'd get from the floor, to the apron and through the ropes in one fluid motion. There's never been a wrestler I've seen who looked as natural as Barry Winham

• Moderators
Fair enough, but you would agree, or in fact even be the first to say, that Brad Armstrong's Russian Legsweep was a thing of beauty?

Not really one way or another. Again, not hugely arsed about moves. Just bringing people's attention to how natural, graceful and fluid Windham's movements were.

• Paid Members
The Death Valley Driver originated in Japan didn't it? It looks Japanese, but why is it called the DVD? It first came to my attention when Perry Saturn started using it, although I'm assuming a previous Westerner would've used it.

There's a current thread for discussing names of moves and where they originated.

here

The Death Valley Driver originated in Japan didn't it? It looks Japanese, but why is it called the DVD? It first came to my attention when Perry Saturn started using it, although I'm assuming a previous Westerner would've used it.

There's a current thread for discussing names of moves and where they originated.

here

I've posted this in the wrong thread like a dumb ass. Cheers.

Archived