Who does it best?

Carbomb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loki did nice ones. And although a different move, I loved the fact that he did Mongolian chops. No one else did that shit.

Cheers Chest, though I thought we were going to keep that evening quiet.

• Paid Members
Loki did nice ones. And although a different move, I loved the fact that he did Mongolian chops. No one else did that shit.

Cheers Chest, though I thought we were going to keep that evening quiet.

He couldn't - there was no way I wasn't going to ask about the marks on his tits and traps.

Jeff Jarrett had a cracking dropkick, same with Hardcore Holly. Love the over-shoulder powerbomb Vader used to do. Made tha landing a bit more impactful. Spine buster-wise its a tossup between Double A and Bobby Roode. Both look great. What about the superkick? I do think HBK wins this, although Dolph Ziggler has a cracking version. James Storm's is ok, sometimes lacks the impact of the others mentioned.

• Paid Members

I might be alone in thinking this, but did anyone else get the feeling that some promotions had moves that were "emblematic"? What I mean is that if a wrestler busted out a specific move, it seemed to get a pop from audience and commentators, as if to say "That's the move that sums up our company".

For example, it seemed like the DDT was ECW's move - so many people used it, from Raven to RVD to referees; it seemed to be hailed as a move that exemplified ECW's "extreme" style, being edgy and head-droppy.

It also seemed like the Figure-Four Leglock was WCW's move - lots of guys seemed to bust it out, not just Ric Flair or Jarrett.

CHIKARA seem to have gone a step further and actually formalised it, with the CHIKARA Special (although I think only one guy does this?).

What about the superkick? I do think HBK wins this, although Dolph Ziggler has a cracking version. James Storm's is ok, sometimes lacks the impact of the others mentioned.

I always found the superkick to be dependent on the guy taking and selling it, rather than the one dishing it out. There were times when HBK's seemed quite crappy, and it was more down to the opponent not selling it as impactful or jarring.

What about the superkick? I do think HBK wins this, although Dolph Ziggler has a cracking version. James Storm's is ok, sometimes lacks the impact of the others mentioned.

I always found the superkick to be dependent on the guy taking and selling it, rather than the one dishing it out. There were times when HBK's seemed quite crappy, and it was more down to the opponent not selling it as impactful or jarring.

True. The kick to Bret Hart when he stood up out of the wheelchair, the one to Benwah before Mania XX and the mid air one the Shelton Benjamin do owe a lot to the selling. Makes you think though, how hard can it be to sell being kicked in the head? Act stunned/knocked out.... Can't be that difficult to pull off convincingly.

• Paid Members
In relation to Spinebusters David Otunga uses one as his finisher even though it's pretty shitty.

I thought it was more of a sort of chokeslam. I think Koslov and Rob Terry also used such a move for a while too.

I think we're all agreed that Steamboat does/did the best armdrag, right?

I was actually going to post something similar last night after watching Savage/Steamboat from WMIII. Truly majestic!

I think London does the most impressive dropkick, with Jerry Lawler's a close second.

Dan Severn's German Suplex was the business and I'd put Davey Richards' running clothesline up there with JBLs. Very vicious and believable for a wee lad.

Dynamites clothesline was hard looking.

• Paid Members
Any love for Kid Kashs chops?

His looks to really hurt people when he gets going

Like Bully Ray he also smashed the crap out of Football Boy last year,poor Jesse

Another reason why I think it's stupid they got rid of Kash is exactly that sort of thing - the guy looks tough as fuck, like he would be a threat to anyone, even heavyweights. He even makes his high-flying look nasty, as if he's saying "Hoi, you little cunts - I was doing this before any of you. See? I'm fucking awesome. Now hold still while I go back to punching your pretty-boy, pansy face in."

Archived