The three handled moss covered family credenza

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members
Wolf Hawkfield was a gimmick based on the Virtua Fighter character of the same name, the same character was in the Sega Saturns AJPW game.

I know. I have both DC versions of Giant Gram - GG2000 is possibly my favourite wrestling game ever. I did like how there was both the Jim Steele real-life version and the VF version on the first one, though.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Seeing as the full nelson hasn't been answered yet, I just wanna add that it probably never will be. It's a common move in amateur/olympic wrestling, or at least it used to be, and has apparently been used for at least 200 years, if not longer. So I doubt we'll ever find out the true source.

I'm pretty sure the half nelson was then invented by some indy wrestler thinking, I'm so good, I only need half a nelson.

Farmer Burns' infamous book on wrestling training - published in 1914 - demonstrates the quarter, half, three quarter, and full nelson.

• Paid Members
Seeing as the full nelson hasn't been answered yet, I just wanna add that it probably never will be. It's a common move in amateur/olympic wrestling, or at least it used to be, and has apparently been used for at least 200 years, if not longer. So I doubt we'll ever find out the true source.

I'm pretty sure the half nelson was then invented by some indy wrestler thinking, I'm so good, I only need half a nelson.

Farmer Burns' infamous book on wrestling training - published in 1914 - demonstrates the quarter, half, three quarter, and full nelson.

And there's an amateur wrestling book (I forget the title) published in the 60s which details the power half-nelson - instead of staying behind the opponent with one arm in the half-nelson and the other wrapped around the torso, you move to the side, and lock the free hand with the nelson hand - similar to a cravat.

• Paid Members

It was one of the ladies in All Japan Women who came up with it, I think - someone once posted about it on here. I don't think there was any specific rationale behind the name of it, though - as you've seen through this thread, they frequently don't need any particular reason to name a move in Japan, hence why you end up with move names like Sternness Dust and Premium Bridge.

Archived