The three handled moss covered family credenza

ShortOrderCook

Danny Doring's arsenal of sex-related move names was pretty awful.

God yes. He had a load, Roadkill had a load, and they had silly names for their double-team moves too.

Joey Styles commentary sounded ridiculous during the closing moments of their matches:

"Doring hits the Bareback!

Follows up with the G-Spot Sweep!

Off the top with the Danaconda!

Roadkill in now and hits the Barn Burner!

Buggy Bang!

Lancaster Lariat of Lust and it's over!"

:rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Danny Doring's arsenal of sex-related move names was pretty awful.

God yes. He had a load, Roadkill had a load, and they had silly names for their double-team moves too.

Joey Styles commentary sounded ridiculous during the closing moments of their matches:

"Doring hits the Bareback!

Follows up with the G-Spot Sweep!

Off the top with the Danaconda!

Roadkill in now and hits the Barn Burner!

Buggy Bang!

Lancaster Lariat of Lust and it's over!"

:rolleyes:

Don't forget the T-Bag (legdrop) that was another corker, and I'm pretty sure he called something the Pearl Necklace as well. ECW was ripe for well known moves being renamed and blurted out by Joey Styles, am I right in thinking they renamed the Tombstone to something else for Justin Credible?

• Paid Members
I did like when James Tighe started combining Lex Luger's finisher with an airplane spin, almost certainly for the sole reason of calling it the Revolving Tighe Rack.

Also worthy of mention is his Tighe-Tanic.

I always liked UK wrestler Chris Stone's finisher called the Stone's Throw. His name is Stone, the move was a throw, and "VICTORY IS ONLY A STONE'S THROW AWAY"....

• Paid Members
I think it was called That's Incredible. I maybe wrong. I was never into EC Dub but remember reading it in WOW magazine or such like

Don't forget the T-Bag (legdrop) that was another corker, and I'm pretty sure he called something the Pearl Necklace as well. ECW was ripe for well known moves being renamed and blurted out by Joey Styles, am I right in thinking they renamed the Tombstone to something else for Justin Credible?

I think it was called That's Incredible. I maybe wrong. I was never into EC Dub but remember reading it in WOW magazine or such like

Where did that come from? I just thought it was the Pearl Jam song.

That was told to me by Jake himself. Obviously with his reputation you can take that for what you will but personally I like that story enough to want to believe it. Plus after doing a tiny bit of research there really is an 'Even Flow' baby formula so the story does hold weight.

Jake has/had a habit of telling people different stories of where names of moves come from as me and a number of other people experienced. Then again, Jake just had a habit of telling different stories period. That's not an insult or an attack on you or anything like that and it could very well be true but it's just how Jake was so never can be 100%.

• Paid Members

I hated the Van Daminator as well. Generic, unimaginative. Although I quite like "Van Terminator" as it is what it sounds like ; an enhanced Van Daminator.

I similarly like when the Japanese add "Kai" to the end of an established move name to make the name of the new, better finish. Kai having several meanings in Japanese, one of which is "restored" which I believe to be the origin of using it in a move. E.g. Marufuji's finisher is called the Shiranui and for a while is lethal. Then people start kicking out of it and he has to do it from the middle rope or something else to actually win a match. So he comes up with a new move called "Shuranui Kai", literally "Shiranui Restored" i.e. people won't be kicking out of this one and it's restored to being all she wrote. "Shiranui" means ninja incidentally which I guess is kind of fitting for the climby flippy move.

Other move names I liked for reasons given above and didn't think of initially : Ego Trip, Frankensteiner, PerfectPlex, Rude Awakening, Acid Drop, Pearl River Plunge, Curtain Call, Train Wreck. There are some I just think sound cool - Go To Sleep, Shining Wizard, First Flash, Game Over.

Also Masato Tanaka's "Sliding D". D being short for Dangan, Dangan being his nickname, Japanese for bullet. "Sliding Bullet." Pretty accurate, it usually "kills."

I really really hated "3.0" for "Above Average" Mike Sanders (just think about that for a second) and "Overdrive" for Skip Over. Decent associative move names but for terrible, terrible ring monikers

EDIT :

On Doring, the first time I heard his legdrop given a name, Styles said "he calls that the, errrr, Teabag." Now, the hesitation might have been Styles feigning embarrassment and having to call the name (which given the nature of ECW I find hard to believe), but I'm equally inclined to believe Joey just made it up on the spot, in a Mr Salty like moment.

am I right in thinking they renamed the Tombstone to something else for Justin Credible?

"That's Incredible." (ugh) Although his was supposed to be a spinning version. When anyone else did it, they still called it a Tombstone.

• Paid Members
"Shiranui" means ninja incidentally which I guess is kind of fitting for the climby flippy move.

Sorry dude - you're confusing that with "shinobi", I think. "Shiranui" is "St. Elmo's Fire", i.e. the fire/lights/lightning sailors often saw on their ships caused by electrical discharge in the atmosphere.

• Paid Members
Here's one for the great minds of the UKFF. What's the deal with the Emerald Fusion/Frosion? Was it originally called Emerald Frosion in Japan, but somehow got lost in translation on Amercan shores?

I asked Akiyama about both, and he said "Flowsion" was meant to be a fusion of "flowing" and "fusion",

Sorry dude - you're confusing that with "shinobi", I think. "Shiranui" is "St. Elmo's Fire", i.e. the fire/lights/lightning sailors often saw on their ships caused by electrical discharge in the atmosphere.

Hmm, yes, and that's been over ten years too.

Well, all credibility destroyed forever, I'll slip quietly into the night.

• Paid Members
Here's one for the great minds of the UKFF. What's the deal with the Emerald Fusion/Frosion? Was it originally called Emerald Frosion in Japan, but somehow got lost in translation on Amercan shores?

I mentioned this on the other thread, but basically it was supposed to be spelt "Flowsion" - Misawa combined the words "flow" and "fusion".

Hmm, yes, and that's been over ten years too.

Well, all credibility destroyed forever, I'll slip quietly into the night.

No, no. Your credibility's still great - in much better shape than mine in terms of puro anyway.

I remember UK indy wrestler Raj Ghosh had the pun-errificly named 'Ghosh Buster'.

One I aboslutely hated was "Arik Canon?" renaming his 'Shining Wizard' the 'Glimmering Warlock'.

I mean I was a massive hypocrite because my e-fed wrestler (yep that sad) had the same finish called the 'Luminous Shaman'.

Archived