RevPro Presents: HIGH STAKES:CABANA VS SAMUELS 31/03/13, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen that on Easter Sunday there are no direct trains between London and sittingbourne, bloody replacement bus service instead! Still one way or another will get myself there, the card is shaping up nicely so expecting another cracker from Rev Pro!

BFeMVHjCcAEdDnK.jpg

Tickets On Sale NOW from: www.revolutionprowrestling.com

The next contest signed for High Stakes in just two weeks time on Sunday March 31st will see the Undisputed British Tag Team Championships on the line as reigning champions Martin Kirby & Kris Travis, Project Ego, will put their gold on the line against the current reigning Zero 1 Zero 1 NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Champions Tag Team Champions: Sean Maxer & Jordan Devlin, The Hangovers.

Kirby and Travis claim they are on the verge of cleaning out the tag team division having in their words defeated every team there is to beat. So Revolution Pro matchmakers looked for a team with all the credentials to match up with the most dominant team British wrestling has seen for a long while and in The Hangovers they have believe they have found that team.

What makes this contest even more interesting is the fact that the winning team here will be guaranteed a slot on Saturday June 15th’s When Thunder Strikes live from the historic York Hall, Bethnal Green where they will defend the most prestigious tag team gold in the whole of Europe.

Over the years Sittingbourne has been home to some of the most exciting tag team matches ever seen on these shores and Sunday March 31st looks to be no different as this first time contest has the potential to go down as an all time classic.

Don’t miss out on a can’t miss night of Pro Wrestling at its best and get your tickets today from www.revolutionprowrestling.com

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling HIGH STAKES looks as follows:

Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship: Cabana Wins Or Never Comes Back To The UK

- Sha Samuels

Has anyone seen Prince Devitt's twitter recently. He recently lost a challenge to IWGP Champion Tanahashi, in a bid to prove he was the best in the world regardless of size, and it appears that the pain of that defeat has transformed him from a humble, respectful geijin to a pissed off Irish shooter bastard who does not GIVE A FUCK. I hope it's this crazy Devitt who turns up in a couple of weeks and in June: he could flip off Rollerball and kick Liger in the balls. Anyway check it out: @FergalDevitt.

• Paid Members
BFeMVHjCcAEdDnK.jpg

The next contest signed for High Stakes in just two weeks time on Sunday March 31st will see the Undisputed British Tag Team Championships on the line as reigning champions Martin Kirby & Kris Travis, Project Ego, will put their gold on the line against the current reigning Zero 1 Zero 1 NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Champions Tag Team Champions: Sean Maxer & Jordan Devlin, The Hangovers.

Had the chance to see Maxer at Preston City Wrestling in January - he was great. This contest looks brill.

I was also really impressed with Maxer in Preston and although I've not seen the Hangovers as a team yet, you probably don't get brought into Japan and given titles unless you are pretty good.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do against Ego.

Any chance of seeing Lion Kid back at Rev Pro after his great showing at the recent DGUK shows?

HS3.jpg

The final match signed for next Sundays High Stakes match is one that has been brewing for a while as ‘The Human Hate Machine’ Dave Mastiff will go one on one with former two time British Heavyweight Champion Andy Boy Simmonz in a singles contest which thanks to recent actions of Simmonz has the potential to be an all out war as business has most definitely been made personal.

This contest came about after Simmonz , the first man to hold British Heavyweight Gold on two separate occasions had seemingly taken a step away from active competition – taking up a position at the announce table alongside Oliver Bennett and focussing instead on bringing new talent through at RevPro’s Portsmouth School of Wrestling. However before long it became apparent that the Portsmouth Powerhouse had different intentions as he introduced Revolution Pro Wrestling to a man whom he declared as the future of the heavyweight division, Big Van Walter.

It would appear that as time progressed Simmonz through Walter was goading mastiff into a physical altercation; however every time Mastiff and Walter were about to lock horns Simmonz would pull his charge away further infuriating ‘Big Bad’ & leaving matchmakers desperate to put together a contest between Walter & Mastiff, however every attempt to put together that match was met by resistance from Walters advisor Simmonz. Just when it would seem that things were never going to get physical, they did from an unlikely source.

At No Holds Barred, Mastiff was in the middle of competing for the right to earn a shot at the Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship at next Sundays event and was putting in a good account for himself after laying out the competition he was the only man standing in the middle of the ring, until Andy Boy Simmonz taking advantage of the No DQ stipulation in the match, left his announce position and threw Mastiff over the top rope, eliminating him from the contest, taking away his chance to once more be called champion and making something that up until the point had been business, very, very personal.

Mastiff demanded the contest and Simmonz accepted straight away. What this means is anyone’s guess. But Simmonz credentials speak for themselves and he will not back down from any challenge. Could it be that Walter was just a means for Simmonz to thrust himself back into spotlight? Is this the last we’ve seen of the big Austrian?

Does Andy Boy Simmonz have a desire to become British Heavyweight Champion for a record breaking 3rd time? Does Dave Mastiff care the answer to any of these questions?

Either way one thing’s for sure and that’s come Sunday March 31st Andy Boy Simmonz will be face to face with one very angry, very motivated Human Hate Machine.

Don’t miss out on a can’t miss night of Pro Wrestling at its best and get your tickets today from www.revolutionprowrestling.com

Therefore the current card for Revolution Pro Wrestling HIGH STAKES looks as follows:

Undisputed British Heavyweight Championship: Cabana Wins Or Never Comes Back To The UK

- Sha Samuels

• Paid Members

While I was at Progress Wrestling today, I know Colt Cabana is your new Revolution Pro champion.

It appears Marty Scurll "turned heel" also, but possibly only after Devitt retained the Cruiserweight title.

Another very good show last night. I was worried that the attendance would suffer with Progress running head to head but there was a pretty good turn out. Show started on time with Rampage Brown beating Dean Allmark in a great opening match.

Mark Haskins cut a promo with Andy, stating his frustration at not getting the title shot despite beating everyone and only losing once in the last three years. He asked what he had to do to get the next shot at Devitt and Andy said let's see how things go tonight. Haskins then beat Ospreay in a match that took a little time to get going, after a run in from El Ligero, who pushed Ospreay off the top rope, allowing Haskins to get the win. The crowd were confused. Maybe because they wondered why Ligero would join Haskins, or maybe because the man in the mask wasn't the real Ligero, who was busy at Progress fighting Ricochet.

It was announced that the next show is 26th May and that the show would include Samuray del Sol.

Next up was my match of the night, as Devitt defeated Zack and Marty in a great little match. It didn't go as long as I'd hoped, but it was really good for what it was. Devitt pinned Marty, who refused to shake his hand after the match. Zack told him to shake his hand, but instead Marty kicked him in the balls and walked off. Just before this, Devitt had put both guys over on the mic and requested that his match against Jushin Liger be for the Cruiserweight Championship.

Dave Mastiff beat Andy Simmons by dq when Rampage Brown ran in and destroyed Mastiff.

Project Ego retained their tag titles against The Hangovers in another match that took a while to get going but then turned into something good. The highlight of the match was the interaction between Project Ego, who never fail to entertain and amuse. We were then told that Ego will go on to York Hall as champions, so possibly no match for them at the next show.

It was announced that the next show would see Zack Sabre Jr vs MK Mckinnan 2

Finally Colt Cabana beat Sha Samuels for the British Heavyweight Championship. The crowd were mental here. Not sure how much was support for Colt and how much was desperation to get the belt off Sha, but it led to an amazing atmosphere. The story was very well told, with tease of a dq finish, countout and belt shot false ending, before Colt finally won with his reverse Boston Crab thing. After the match Colt got on the mic and said RevPro was stuck with him.

Overall the show was well worth the journey and has started to build things up. Looks like we will soon have a Leaders explode style storyline with a heel Marty, which should go down a storm in Sittingbourne. I'd love to see an eventual three way rematch, maybe in the main event and given more time when the story has been told. Possible something for this years anniversary show? The May weekend is a very busy one for wrestling, so I'll keep an eye on updates, but if not before I'll definitely be at the Liger show in June.

Project Ego retained their tag titles against The Hangovers in another match that took a while to get going but then turned into something good. The highlight of the match was the interaction between Project Ego, who never fail to entertain and amuse. We were then told that Ego will go on to York Hall as champions, so possibly no match for them at the next show.

I thought Ego lost the titles on the IPW UK sow the night before? :confused:

Archived