The older i get

whereisshenmue3

I just about have time to get through Impact with judicious use of fast forward nowadays, but apart from that it's short youtube clips. I spend way more time playing games, watching films and all that and yet here I am on a forum dedicated to something I hardly watch any more.

I tend to listen to wrestling as I draw a lot more than actually watching it these days. But that is literally due to time rather than getting too old for it. I think I will enjoy watching it more in a few years and start going to live shows more when my kid is old enough to appreciate it, if he does. The most I have ever enjoyed watching wrestling was when I used to look after an ex's little brother. His excitement got me excited and I would forget about all the over thinking we all do on sites like this

• Paid Members

I watch Raw and impact about once every month, sometimes every couple. When I do watch, I'm generally pleasantly surprised that its better than I expected.

I generally prefer to work my way through an old TV set, currently nitro 99 and recently finished all the original SNME in order.

I sometimes listen to shoots in mp3 format when on the move and read this forum. Once every couple of months ill check a mag out.

This has been a general trend of mine since around 03. Die Hard before that but my tastes and preferences change every year or so.

It's a strange addiction

• Paid Members
The most I have ever enjoyed watching wrestling was when I used to look after an ex's little brother. His excitement got me excited and I would forget about all the over thinking we all do on sites like this

Aye, it's great that. I was sitting down with my five-year-old nephew on Saturday with YouTube staring at me and so decided that we'd watch Hulk Hogan save Eugene from Hassan and Daivari at WM25. It was brilliant fun being able to explain that this poor man needs someone to come and help him because these nasty men were picking on him and he couldn't defend himself. Hogan arrives and strides with purpose down the aisle, being set upon before rising and scattering the baddies. Great fun! Even my Dad piped up from his seat, "Watch him, Alfie. He's gonna rip his shirt off in a minute!" Nothing convoluted, no analysis or cynicism that Hogan was getting to shine over a younger wrestler. Just fun, watching it as it was meant to be watched.

I struggle to keep up and end up with most shows just playing in the background while I'm doing something else. With 3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown and Impact before you even get to PPV, Superstars, NXT, Main Event, Xplosion and any indie shows you'd have to be watching wrestling for hours every night just to keep up! Wonder if this has a hit on ratings, there must be people that don't bother as they can't watch everything who would be more likely to tune in if it was just a 2 hour Raw every week.

I tend to watch NXT all the way through, mainly because it's short and it now regularly features the closest thing I will probably ever get to a "hometown" wrestler on it, in Adrian Neville.

With Raw and Smackdown I basically fast forward the bell to bell action until the finish, and watch the promo and backstage segments.

I watch most of Impact, but will skip matches if I really don't care about the participants.

There is just too much of it to watch all the way through and still be able to do other things.

I think the number of PPVs has worn us all out. For the last decade or so there's been, what, 24 PPVs a year at least, with extras when WWE had separate Smackdown PPVs. Forget TV, there's no way of keeping up with all that.

With TNA reducing the number of PPVs, that will help their product. WWE should do the same, although it doesn't make financial sense for them I know.

• Paid Members

I am actually looking forward to the reduction in PPVs - having fewer of them with a longer build should make them feel much more big-time, like in the old days of WWE. It's one of the things I do get nostalgic about - a gradual, escalating build towards a massive event.

PPVs have killed me. Can't keep up time wise or justify the expense.

Would rather invest the limited time I can offer to wrestling to selected matches, reliving the past or listening to 'behind the scenes' conversation.

However, my 20 month old son was ill last week and we watched Saturday Night's Main Event DVD curled up on the sofa and he loved it.

He genuinely loves Hulk Hogan after watching a couple of his matches. He says 'Hulk Hogan eyes' and an even do a mini 'Hulk Up'!

This made me watch wrestling with fresh eyes and enjoy it for the spectacle of good guy beating bad guy.

Archived