Spud /Party Marty/Blossoms

Mr Lawrence

Spud - What do people define as charisma? Throughout that program all i kept hearing was Spud had charisma.

To me he just came across as a Brummie midget with average moves, well below average moves for a man his his size actually. Wearing eyeliner a leather jacket and and having a shit barnet doesnt do much for me. Overall i think he could maye be a mouthpeice to the stars. At best.

Party Marty - looked like a jacked up super spaz like brian christopher to me. Shit gimmick but potential as a wrestler type. Saying that i am sure he wrestled on th EWW tour in 2009 down the Kasbah in Coventry and there was about 50 people there and he tore it up, sure it was him, have photos of him - so for that i think he will make it

if he was willing to tear it up in front of 50 people, what would he do for alot more - it was the raven tour with the fit bird from cov on as well.

Blossoms - future stars if they remain pure looking.

Spud just gets it

He knows to make any kind of regular money as a wrestler he has to do more than "arm barz"

Fair play to him as he has devoloped a decent perona and given the chance should do ok in TNA.

Marty looks really good in the ring but for me anyway was very unlikable

Plus what on Earth was those faces he was pulling on the way to his trial match all about?

I really thought the Blossoms were good but on the mic they lack what it takes

The Twin gimmick should do them well though where ever they work

Overall i think TNA chose the right guy in Spud

• Paid Members

Of what I saw on the Bootcamp series I preferred Marty in the ring but TNA still picked the right one as Spud has that star quality, much better personality and deserved the shot that bit more. The twins didn't look quite ready yet but I hope all three make it.

Party Marty - looked like a jacked up super spaz like brian christopher to me. Shit gimmick but potential as a wrestler type. Saying that i am sure he wrestled on th EWW tour in 2009 down the Kasbah in Coventry and there was about 50 people there and he tore it up, sure it was him, have photos of him - so for that i think he will make it

if he was willing to tear it up in front of 50 people, what would he do for alot more - it was the raven tour with the fit bird from cov on as well.

It was indeed Marty Scurll (he wrestled Ashe) and yeah, I enjoyed that match. "The fit bird from Cov" is the delightful Jetta.

I was sure that TNA would have gone for the Blossoms so that they could have recycled old Bella Twins angles, but I was delighted that it was Spud. I won't go as far as to say I've followed his entire career or anything, but he is someone who I'd seen in the early-ish days of FWA, through his early Rockstar days in AWW and TXW, through to being one of the best and most charismatic workers in the UK. It's awesome to see him getting a shot at the big time.

• Paid Members

Spud is absolutely tremendous. He has a shedload of charisma and tonnes of wrestling ability to boot. Super worker and one of the best in this county over the past several years. He can have a belter of an 'X Division' style match one day then have a brilliant big man vs little man match the next when against someone twice his size. As a face, he was our Rey Mysterio. As a heel, he's highly entertaining. Definite deserved winner by a country mile, he's that good.

• Paid Members

He's on Impact tonight ...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He trended on twitter during the show on Thursday, with almost everyone watching saying "this guy is terrible" and "what sort of name is that". They totally Mark Haskined him. If you are going to pretend someone is a big deal its best to tell your American viewers why he is a big deal. This is the first time they've ever seen him. It did look very Butlins, which was a fear I brought up in the British Boot Camp thread.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Spud is decent but I'd be surprised if he becomes anything in the incompetent hands of TNA, it's no surprise they fucked it up first time trying.

The Blossoms are the most likely to do well IMO and even that depends on what direction they go with the knockouts division. It's gone to the shitter since Pritchard took over so I'm guessing he's not that keen on it.

Marty Skull or whatever I'd happily never see on my TV again so he'll end up as a member of the Ace's and 8s.

• Paid Members
He's on Impact tonight ...

He trended on twitter during the show on Thursday, with almost everyone watching saying "this guy is terrible" and "what sort of name is that". They totally Mark Haskined him. If you are going to pretend someone is a big deal its best to tell your American viewers why he is a big deal. This is the first time they've ever seen him. It did look very Butlins, which was a fear I brought up in the British Boot Camp thread.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

As I did worry, you were right. However, I'm not writing him off yet - if people are saying he's terrible and has a stupid name, well, remember he's only likely to be a babyface for the UK shows. He's turning heel as soon as they're back over the ocean. Building up fuck-off heat isn't the worst thing for a goofy heel to be doing.

Of course, I want him to succeed, so I'm being optimistic.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I can't see a spot for him on the roster. Magnus is clearly a far better candidate for a Brit to get a major push as a face. Magnus looked really good in front of the big home crowd. Spud on the other had got kind of swallowed up, and stood next to Rob Terry, well, it wasn't a good debut.

If they want him as a cocky foreign heel in the X division, then he could get a good year or two out of it. But that doesn't seem like the way they are going...

Archived