Design a really shite wrestling poster

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Another modern masterpiece.

581934_10151252396836688_1161466081_n.jpg

Not as comical as some of the previous entries, but still notable for its vastly apparent shitness. Good job they added "card subject to change" at the bottom there. I could just picture a wave of disgruntled fans wanting their $7 back if not all of the S.W.C.W stars turned up.

Shame they also couldn't spell "grudge" correctly either.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Pretty sure this one isn't a joke (or isn't an intentional joke). Shittest event name ever?

Who is Manny Mac's love interest!? With cliffhangers like that I'm just dying to part with my cash.

377728_137549009743662_553213919_n.jpg

Couple of Chikara guys on the poster, there. Wonder if they were actually on it?

I count Pinkie Sanchez, Hallowicked (or possible Frightmare) and one of the ants. Is there anyone else of note that I've missed there?

Looking at Kwest makes me yearn for a Kwest vs Kwang match.

I wonder if there's a tag team called Kwonic out there somewhere?

I hope they have the entrance music too.

2357_22584994990_2282334_n.jpg

• Paid Members
I count Pinkie Sanchez, Hallowicked (or possible Frightmare) and one of the ants. Is there anyone else of note that I've missed there?

Gran Akuma too. Sounds like it could go either way, in all fairness.

I sincerely hope no one was paid any money to come up with this fucker -

64857_380619005369728_1305972745_n.jpg

Having something as shit as that to promote your event just screams "not even we care about this night". How is anyone else supposed to care with such an obvious piece of slapped together garbage like this? I mean, fucking laminated wood flooring as the background? Who is that for!? We have posters and match graphics that are light years ahead of the likes of this, even here in England. 4FW especially has some really attractive promotional material.

• Paid Members

I missed it earlier, but "Motley Cruz" might be my most favouritest indy wrestler name ever.

EDIT: Apparently he's been around forever and even wrestled Ric Flair on TV when Flair was NWA Champion (under his real name, David Price). Video's on Youtube.

• Paid Members
I missed it earlier, but "Motley Cruz" might be my most favouritest indy wrestler name ever.

EDIT: Apparently he's been around forever and even wrestled Ric Flair on TV when Flair was NWA Champion (under his real name, David Price). Video's on Youtube.

He's also recipient for Jumpin' Jeff Farmer's wrath in one of the worst promos ever.

• Moderators

I don't dislike that one. Has a decent amount of information, and doesn't look like a cut and paste photoshop sick up like most of them. Doesn't do much to 'sell' it to you I guess, but at the same time it doesn't waste its time telling you which idiots you've never heard of will be on the card.

Yeah. All in all, a decent poster.

• Paid Members
I sincerely hope no one was paid any money to come up with this fucker -

64857_380619005369728_1305972745_n.jpg

I find posters like that tend to have been done by the promoter themselves. They’ll spend hours in Corel Draw or whatever putting it together that they don’t see how shit it is, just how much effort they’ve put in, and if you tell them otherwise they’ll venomous defend it. But it’s still shit.

A poster is the first impression a passer-by has of your event. If it’s shit, then that’s what they’ll associate your event as.

• Paid Members

I would suggest that's probably because it's just one of the guys who will be on again later in the card in a La Parka mask in the opener. Some promoters do seem to have an odd sense of morality around that area.

And surely a WCW mark like yourself knows of the legend that is Wildfire Tommy Rich??

I would suggest that's probably because it's just one of the guys who will be on again later in the card in a La Parka mask in the opener. Some promoters do seem to have an odd sense of morality around that area.

And surely a WCW mark like yourself knows of the legend that is Wildfire Tommy Rich??

I've heard the name, but I'm by no means an authoratitive source on him. He's no chairman, though!

Archived