Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln

Best Supporting Actor

Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained

Best Actress

Emmanuelle Riva - Amour

Best Supporting Actress

Anne Hathaway - Les Mis

• Paid Members

I just wanted to add for best movie I'm putting what I want to win as I've seen them all and Zero Dark Thirty is the best and probably most intense film I've seen in years, so...

BEST PICTURE

Zero Dark Thirty

BEST DIRECTOR

Life Of Pi - Ang Lee

BEST ACTOR

Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained

BEST ACTRESS

Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Anne Hathaway - Les Mis

• Moderators
BEST ANIMATED SHORT

Adam and Dog

Fresh Guacamole

Head Over Heels

Maggie Simpson In "The Longest Daycare"

Paperman

I saw all of these last night at the cinema. Quite a mixed bag, the Simpsons short doesn't even belong on the list as far as I'm concerned. It's just a 5 minute Simpsons episode. Paperman will probably win, but really is quite hokey. Fresh Guacomole is amazing animation and very smart. Head Over Heels was poignant, but fairly dull, and funnily enough they'd shown a trailer for "Upside Down" before this which shares a similar idea. Adam and Dog was great if you're a fan of dogs, the animation was pretty boring though.

To be honest, they showed 4 other shorts that were "Highly Commended". One of these was called "Dripped" was I thought was by far the best I saw out of all of them.

• Moderators
Hokey or not, I still love Paperman. Was that a special short film event, neil? Quite a nice idea, because usually most people will never have seen any of these things unless Pixar's put one in front of one of their main features.

Local cinema had a showing. I believe they've been showing them on HBO as well. Was a good idea though, because as you say, tough to see them otherwise.

• Paid Members
So, is Life of Pi really good then? Only, it looked horribly boring to me yet everybody seems to say it was awesome.

It never looked particularly interesting from the trailer despite Coldplay's best efforts and since then someone's told me the plot and I'm glad I didn't bother. As everyone knows the Oscars tend to be more of a popularity contest these days so I have to admit my choices are half on the films merits and half who's doing the most schmoozing to bag the award.

I'm confused over the Maggie Simpsons entry as I could've sworn I saw that more than a year ago. I can't believe that Untouchables hasn't been nominated in the Foreign Film category either. It was fantastic.

• Awards Moderator

Powered through the ceremony in an hour and a half this morning, just posting to say I will tally up the predictions over the course of today (I'm sure someone cleverer will get there quicker, but I've got a five hour car journey to get through today and won't have Wi Fi until I reach the other side).

• Awards Moderator

Hurray for 3G and not actually having to drive!

The predictions have been tallied...

And the Oscar goes to ....

Lion_of_the_Midlands!!!!!!

Here is your trophy:

8506855742_bb4ba78182.jpg

And now, your winner's speech, please.

I'll write up the total tallies and post them as quickly as my phone will allow.

• Awards Moderator

Now the rankings. There was no need for the Points Round: as you'll see, LOTM was a clear winner.

Because Sound Editing was tied between Zero Dark Thirty and Skyfall, I have counted votes for either as correct.

Interestingly, it seems the most unpredictable result was Lincoln winning Production Design; I could be wrong but I don't think anyone got that one right!

Anyway, see how you did below:

Lion_of_the_Midlands - 19

HarmonicGenerator - 15

niff - 15

lambyUK - 15

Snake Plissken - 14

The Natural - 14

iamtheman - 13

The Cum Doctor - 12

Kawaii Guy - 12

TysonSL - 12

SpearCode - 12

wh1007 - 12

ultimo the great - 11

Lefty - 11

ThePearDrop - 11

Dead Mike - 9

Chest Rockwell - 9

I'll do this again next year, all being well, but until then, Argo fuck yourselves.

(not really, you're a fine upstanding bunch)

• Paid Members

I should have really predicted what I thought would win, rather than what I wanted to win.

I saw Argo and it was excellent so it was deserved, but Zero Dark Thirty was on another level for me. I also knew Brave would win Best Animation but christ, it was god awful and Wreck it Ralph deserved it.

Archived