Smackdown Spoilers

AshC

• Paid Members

My god he was magic on Smackdown wasn't he? Monstrous intensity and still the most believable promo guy they have. "As you can see, Khali, he didn't have any questions". Outstanding. I love that he is completely living his character every second he's on screen. He doesn't wait until he gets a microphone to start talking and he keeps shouting throughout every beatdown and during most of his matches. Nobody else does it like him and it creates such a charged atmosphere the whole time he's out there because you don't know when he's going to start fucking shit up or when he's going to stop.

Jack Swagger is still an absolute turd though. I'm assuming there was a time when I wasn't following every week when Miz and Jack Swagger weren't completely terrible, but they don't have the luxury of a grace period with me as I've only ever seen them be shit and wish they would go away.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio managed to get 5 good minutes out of Sin Cara which is an amazing feat.

I enjoyed that too. I put it down to Cesaro having had a few years of being an "indy superstar" (i.e. the kind of guy that one-and-only time promoters will pay good money to come & main event their show in the parking lot of the strip club their brother owns & their mum works at) and therefore having solid experience of dragging something decent out of overly-flippy, overly-sloppy, botch-prone little blokes.

Drew McIntyre managed to get a few decent matches out him as well, which is also surprising considering Drew's size.

Just watched Sin Cara Vs Antonio Cesaro. Nice little match I thought but the dubbed SmackDown sounds from the crowds are really awful. Cesaro continues to look brilliant and is actually making the US title interesting for the first time in a while. I'd like to see him have a long reign with that belt. His uppercut is a thing of beauty and one of the best things in wrestling today.

Just watched Sin Cara Vs Antonio Cesaro. Nice little match I thought but the dubbed SmackDown sounds from the crowds are really awful. Cesaro continues to look brilliant and is actually making the US title interesting for the first time in a while. I'd like to see him have a long reign with that belt. His uppercut is a thing of beauty and one of the best things in wrestling today.

Well, arguably its already a pretty long reign. Hes had the belt since Summerslam, just not many people noticed him until late last year!

Well, arguably its already a pretty long reign. Hes had the belt since Summerslam, just not many people noticed him until late last year!

I mean a really long reign with the belt. Considering there's no threat to him either I can't see a reason why he wont have the belt for a few more months. With the success of Punk's long reign I'd hope it would give the WWE the courage to continue having long reigns with the titles.

• Paid Members

I mean a really long reign with the belt. Considering there's no threat to him either I can't see a reason why he wont have the belt for a few more months. With the success of Punk's long reign I'd hope it would give the WWE the courage to continue having long reigns with the titles.

But on the flip side I'm sure they think if they do it once in 5 years then that once is extra special :(

Archived