Smackdown Spoilers

AshC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Apart from the obvious highlights of Mark Henry beating up Khali and earning a spot in the Chamber by cleanly defeating Randy Orton, my favourite moment was JBL listing Albert's accomplishments in New Japan as he did a dance with the Funkasaurus. I hope we see the return of the Hip Hop Hippo.

Enjoyable SmackDown overall. Far less of a chore to work through than Raw due to it only being about forty five minutes long once you skip through the endless tour adverts, Chamber adverts, replays from Raw, replays from 'Moments Ago', From The Vault etc.

• Paid Members

It's really annoying, isn't it? The adverts for the British tours are usually shit. 'The biggest entertainment to hit Liverpool since The Beatles', along with faux-Beatles music was bad enough. But this is awful!

BirmingHAM

BirmingHAM

BirmingHAM

• Paid Members
Antonio managed to get 5 good minutes out of Sin Cara which is an amazing feat.

I enjoyed that too. I put it down to Cesaro having had a few years of being an "indy superstar" (i.e. the kind of guy that one-and-only time promoters will pay good money to come & main event their show in the parking lot of the strip club their brother owns & their mum works at) and therefore having solid experience of dragging something decent out of overly-flippy, overly-sloppy, botch-prone little blokes.

• Paid Members

Cesaro worked loads for Chikara, who are heavily influenced by Lucha. He was about twice the size of most of the guys on the roster there, so he's had plenty of experience working with guys like Sin Cara. It was a nice little match, would have liked it to have gone a few more minutes really.

• Awards Moderator
It's really annoying, isn't it? The adverts for the British tours are usually shit. 'The biggest entertainment to hit Liverpool since The Beatles', along with faux-Beatles music was bad enough. But this is awful!

BirmingHAM

BirmingHAM

BirmingHAM

It's working on the Marge Simpson 'Lemon Of Troy' principle of "sorry to repeat myself but it'll help you remember", I suppose.

simp2006_Marge_f.jpg

BirmingHAM is a part of us all... a part of us all... a part of us all!

• Paid Members

I can't see them ever putting the title back on Henry.

I know i keep bringing this up but when Henry got injured during his reign it really pissed them off. Wouldn't surprise me if they build him up for somebody to knock down though.

• Paid Members

I'm already very pleasantly surprised by how strong they have booked him on his return so far. He's been back a week and already battered Bryan, Rey, Sin Cara, Titus, Khali and cleanly beat Randy Orton for a spot in the Chamber, which suggests he's on course for a good run up to WrestleMania. Whether Vince has lost patience with his injuries or not, someone clearly still sees something in him.

He's looking pretty heavy at the moment, I thought he'd been trimming up while recovering from his operation. Hopefully he can stay healthy long enough for a meaningful run, but you never know with Henry. You could put the World Title on him then lose him for another year. I think the next serious lay-off will be his last now though.

Archived