10 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

If he's anything like most professional poker players he's all front and is lucky to make a profit at the end of the year.

I hope he's doing okay though, he needs some positivity after all this shite.

Does anyone know if Lynskey's card was marked after all this? I hope his ring delivery business took a hit for a year or two. How could anyone trust him after all that?

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

My mate traveled with a few on here to go to this show and got diddled. I can only remember the backlash. Can't remember the build up to the event. Was this really a proper supershow like thing where people on here were traveling by bus load? Didn't seem like the best line up from what I remember.

I'd still put this number 2 behind WrestleXpress in my top UK Show Fuck Ups, though.

My mate traveled with a few on here to go to this show and got diddled. I can only remember the backlash. Can't remember the build up to the event. Was this really a proper supershow like thing where people on here were traveling by bus load? Didn't seem like the best line up from what I remember.

I'd still put this number 2 behind WrestleXpress in my top UK Show Fuck Ups, though.

For the time there was definitely a mini supershow-type atmosphere surrounding it. US indy wrestling in general was probably at its peak popularity-wise around the time and the promise of a CZW-style deathmatch was a pretty big draw. Certainly the main reason we made the journey down, despite not even being fans of CZW. Then you had Jake Roberts who's reputation wasn't completely in the toilet by this point. And the guy from Pheonix Nights was meant to be the compere for the night IIRC, so yeah it certainly felt a level above a normal British Wrestling show.

One thing I don't get is why would Alex Shane sabotage such a show? The FWA was mainly running London back then and this show took place up North. It doesn't make sense to me to risk such hatred by fucking things up for Farer unless he really just wanted to fuck with the guy. Not saying Shane is above this sort of thing but I don't see what he gained by it.

It REALLY is a shame though to read this thread and see that Britwres will always be full of people trying to fuck over each other instead of working towards a common goal of establishing itself as an exciting alternative to the American scene.

• Paid Members
One thing I don't get is why would Alex Shane sabotage such a show? The FWA was mainly running London back then and this show took place up North. It doesn't make sense to me to risk such hatred by fucking things up for Farer unless he really just wanted to fuck with the guy. Not saying Shane is above this sort of thing but I don't see what he gained by it.

It REALLY is a shame though to read this thread and see that Britwres will always be full of people trying to fuck over each other instead of working towards a common goal of establishing itself as an exciting alternative to the American scene.

I