10 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident

Big Benny HG

What do you want me to do Jon, take a lie detector test? I had nothing to do with your show going wrong. If you don't believe me, then there's not much I can do about that, but that's the truth.

He's not saying that though is he. He said you knew what was happening and then aided in wrecking his reputation online with a smear campaign.

Alex Shane comes across as a complete bastard from this story. As does Lynsky. I'd have walk into FWA with a semi-automatic and laid into Shane in I was Farrer.

I liked Shane, saw him wrestle a few times in person and on TV, but he has lost it. I remember reading an article of his about the MacDonalds logo being evil and sinister. Aye, awright ya spanner.

I would love to add my 2 cents to this, but i feel if i tell the truth, it will just cause so much upset to all that were involved.

In defence to dean ayass, he knew nothing till after the events had occured he and his (then)wife were at my house the day after....but even then i had kept the reasons to myself.

Im not proud of what i did 10 years ago, but there were some serious gaps left out of this story (both sides) which i may come back later and tell the whole story.

Edited by stevelynskey

I would love to add my 2 cents to this, but i feel if i tell the truth, it will just cause so much upset to all that were involved.

In defence to dean ayass, he knew nothing till after the events had occured he and his (then)wife were at my house the day after....but even then i had kept the reasons to myself.

Im not proud of what i did 10 years ago, but there were some serious gaps left out of this story (both sides) which i may come back later and tell the whole story.

Steve you can't put something like that and not expand on it.. Thats like saying Here's a million pounds but nah I don't wanna give you that..

Just spill the beans Steve like everyone said its been 10 years.. Too much water has gone under the bridge everyone has moved on so you might as well say it...

I like how we all have different 'full' stories :)

In fairness kev you were up north with Jon, so you have your side of the event....i was down south, so my side of the story will have differences, my turn of events had the involvement of one mr jake roberts.

so all im im saying is that i may post my full side of the story

Edited by stevelynskey

I like how we all have different 'full' stories :)

In fairness kev you were up north with Jon, so you have your side of the event....i was down south, so my side of the story will have differences, my turn of events had the involvement of one mr jake roberts.

so all im im saying is that i may post my full side of the story

Oh yeah, I don't have the time to go over it all again and I just meant that different people have 'full' stories.

Would be nice to know after all these years. Most people involved are now out the business so can't really do any harm to anyone.

• Paid Members
my turn of events had the involvement of one mr jake roberts.

Also didn't Jake threaten to stab you once? I remember that story going about.

Jake is a massive twat and I've heard shit about him that would make it much easier to understand why you wouldn't want to go to a venue with him around.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
my turn of events had the involvement of one mr jake roberts.

Also didn't Jake threaten to stab you once? I remember that story going about.

Jake is a massive twat and I've heard shit about him that would make it much easier to understand why you wouldn't want to go to a venue with him around.

That was WAY after ring-gate.

It was at Brent Town Hall for FWA, Jake had been booked as a US import no-showed (Corino springs to mind)

When I was informed of the no show by Fozzy and then stated that must be why Jakes here, I was told Jake Roberts wasn't even there and to stop spreading that rumour, which was funny because I crashed him a ciggy outside the front doors earlier that day and spoke with him at length before departing to ASDA for grub!

Ah FWA, they were numpties most of the time weren't they!

• Paid Members

My memory is a bit hazy from this so the pieces may be in the wrong order, but didn't Doug Williams and Flash Barker pull out of the first GWF show and there was talk Dino Scarlo and Alex Shane had a hand in that, and then the FWA gave Farrer a high price on the FWA ring which ultimately led him to go to Lynskey about hiring a ring? And Shane was supposedly trying to get Farrer sacked at Total Wrestling by slagging him to Apter (who was a regular on Talk Wrestling). All of this was supposedly admitted to people (including Kenny McBride). Alarm bells would have been deafening with shite like that happening. Poor Farrer got ruined by these people. It wasn't just a case of a ring not turning up. This was pretty fucking spiteful if the grudge they had against him was true. Whoever was involved doesn't need to justify it in public (although it would be good if they did if there was legit reasons they felt the need to do this) but if they know they did wrong you can't lie to yourself.

I do remember Dann Read in an interview years ago saying when he got in the business Scott Conway was like "pay me this and your show wont get fucked" or something. I wonder if there are still the small cocked weirdos trying to ruin shows in the business over here? You'd like to think its better. Gangland in leotards just don't go together.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I do remember Dann Read in an interview years ago saying when he got in the business Scott Conway was like "pay me this and your show wont get fucked" or something. I wonder if there are still the small cocked weirdos trying to ruin shows in the business over here? You'd like to think its better. Gangland in leotards just don't go together.

I spoke to Scott about this the other day and he said it was utter bollocks. He said the Dan guy was paying him