10 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members
What was Trent Acid's appeal? He seemed to have a following on the net in a decade ago, but I seem to remember him being sloppy as fuck and generally quite shit. But that was about 2005/06. Was he ever any good?

He wasn't too bad in his 2001-2003 heyday. Solid indy guy with an actual gimmick and he looked like he'd seen the inside of a gym.

• Moderators

Yeah.. He was totally ripped, came out to good music (Midnight Express) and was quite charismatic. He would do crazy stunts but was fairly solid at 'regular' wrestling too.

Also he did a big running yakuza kick finisher which was badass. He was one of the guys I quite liked when I was into a lot of indy wrestling.

• Paid Members
I believe the bloke in the ROH shirt is called Rick Peters. He promotes in Holland I believe.

Anything I have ever heard about the guy makes him sound like a tool and a wrestler sniffer.

Why would you say that? TNA has never toured Holland. WWE hasn't toured Holland in 20 years.

Yet, I have seen sellout indy shows in Holland with names as Kevin Nash, Rob van Dam, Rhyno, Al Snow, Billy Gunn, Chavo Guerrero, Pac, El Generico, Tommy Dreamer and so many more. Rick Peters and Mark Kodiak promote in Holland and they have always delivered. In fact this year will mark their 50th show and they never had any no-shows or had to give out refunds. NEVER.

Rick Peters used to be a cameraman for WWA in Australia in his younger years and filmed many other shows in his youth. Therefor he knows a lot of wrestlers personally. Whenever RVD visits Europe he stays at Ricks house. Just watch those RVD TV episodes.

Conclusion: Not a tool but currently one of Europes most legitimate and trustworthy promoters ;).

Was Rick Peters the one a couple of years back throwing around accusations that Colin McKay and Danny Rodd both burned him in the deal to bring Kevin Nash over to Europe?

All I know is that Nash was booked for a 1PW tour and would also do DPW. With all the 1PW disasters every fan was afraid he wouldn't show up in Holland. Rick promised all us Dutch fans that whatever happened, he would make sure Nash would be @ DPW. It might have cost some money ( I dont know) but the promise was kept.

Despite the 1PW fiasco Nash was indeed in Holland. So don`t hate, but appreciate.

LWOLen, I didn't mean to offend you by saying that I have heard Rick Peters is a tool, you obviously seem to be linked to the guy in some capacity. But it's just what I've heard, that he is a tool. And a wrestler sniffer. No big deal. And upon doing some digging, he poses backstage at BritWres wrestling events like this: Hilarious photo that doesn't want to link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Interesting stuff about Farrer, Shane and a few other 2004 BRITWRES things in this old RIM thread.

http://ccgi.simania.plus.com/forums/index....c=1209&st=0

Also features a rather well known poster here (well, used to post here) challenging MOJ to a fight. And in the porcess making himself look a real breast.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
Interesting stuff about Farrer, Shane and a few other 2004 BRITWRES things in this old RIM thread.

http://ccgi.simania.plus.com/forums/index....c=1209&st=0

Also features a rather well known poster here (well, used to post here) challenging MOJ to a fight. And in the porcess making himself look a real breast.

At one point, there was a crash at RIM (actually, I think it got hacked) that corrupted the member database and consequently the usernames on the older threads no longer match up with who actually made the posts at the time, so the nobody is who you think they are, which makes it all very confusing. 'Steve' is Kenny McBride though.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Yeah it is. Kenny starts off well then starts talking like "I been in the business so long, brother, it's like every things an angle now". And then kicks off on MOJ and challenges him for a fight at a meet up. Hysterically.

Great link Butch, but I had to give up reading after a few pages in. Neil said "fighting over crumbs" earlier and it really is. Threads like this (and the link) are good to look at and shake your head at over how out of touch and petty people are over their MASSIVE EMPIRES but I start to feel dirty reading for too long, as if I'm even wasting my life reading the tales and ramblings of losers. With some people, its just scheme after scheme, poor effort after poor effort. I wonder if the penny will ever drop for the Alex Shane's of the world. The wrestling equivalent to "my band is going to make it one day" type of guys.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I used to trade video tapes with Simania.

It's stuff like that which is why I'd never consider going to a local British wrestling event. It's not that they're small time that bother me, it's that from reading on here I've realised a lot of the people involved think they're Paul Heyman taking on WWE.

That's obviously incredibly unfair on good promoters like Knightmare, as I'm tarring him with the same brush, but then... maybe the industry could police itself more?

Alex "Gonch Gardner" Shane

:laugh:

Waiting now for him to start selling buttered toast at whatever his next project is.

"Hot" buttered toast at that.

That was the last ever decent series of Grange Hill.