I was going to say I enjoyed the Tony stuff nearly as much as the Kenny promo. But then thinking about it, it's such a weird thing to have on Impact programming. I do wonder what they're getting out of this.

As others have said, they didn't really go out of their way to make this a spectacular show to grab new viewers which is a shame. You'd think of all the weeks they could've loaded it, this would've been the one to do it. They need a longer term strategy out of all of this.

The only winner so far is AEW, specifically Omega who is right back where he should be as one of the best in the business. It's all there now. He's the complete package for me and the guy I've been waiting for since AEW launched.

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I was gonna watch it this morning but both highlights are on You Tube

Hide contents

Paid Announcement 

Hide contents

Kenny and Don 

FYI the whole episode is on YouTube too for those interested.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

• Paid Members

There was absolutely nothing on this show worth watching other than the two clips posted in spoiler tags above. I can’t decide which is worse. Whether Impact couldn’t be arsed making this a big, memorable show, or in their current form this is the best they could do.

On the plus side, the Lex Luger references made it sound like Kenny was arriving by helicopter tonight! Fucking hell. Pack it up, Hunter. No amount of ladder matches is gonna to be able to compete with this. Top drawer stuff.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

FYI the whole episode is on YouTube too for those interested.

There was a reason I posted the two clips.

@Supremo I guess the reason is because they’ve taped all Impact up until the end of the year. They recorded them after the last PPV over a week. So the main show won’t reference this stuff at all. 

I was up a bit earlier than normal this morning and there were no streams of last nights show kicking around so I watched last weeks to see if I was missing anything. Fucking hell. I once went to an NBW show in Cresswell with a total of 8 people in attendance, 4 of which were my family and there was more atmosphere there than on Impact. It really comes across like a shitarse show with it's loud creaky ring and shit commentary.

Maybe having a small crowd at ringside to create a bit of atmosphere and not having Josh Matthews AND Maddison Rayne on commentary would be enough for me to learn to like Impact again but I was put off so much that when I could eventually watch the most recent show I just skipped straight to the Kenny promo. And fuck me what a promo. I literally know nothing about Don Callis but I'm sold 100% off of what I've seen here and that one photo of him looking like a hoss with the Golden Sheik. Dickhead heel Kenny is a revelation and whilst he's getting better on the mic he still trips over his words and gets overexcited. Golden Don as the Heyman of the pair though seems like it's going to be fantastic. He's so calm and slimy and seems like he'll balance the act out perfectly. "Back to Stamford". What a prick.

• Paid Members

NXT need to concede defeat and move to a different night. 

This definitely felt like the big kids in the school yard taking over the play area that the little kids were playing on. It did nothing for Impact, especially the two Tony's taking the piss with the paid advertisement and if anything, just highlighted how far Impact has fallen.

Kenny not even entering the building and sitting in his RV outside after Impact had been fawning over his appearance and them showing him winning the title at the beginning of the show made Kenny look like the biggest star on the planet. The more confidence AEW are gaining, the more it shows in the product. They have really hit their stride now and when the crowds come back, I can see it being the final nail in the NXT coffin. How far away is Daily's Place from Full Sail (provided they return to Full Sail), I wonder if that would have any bearing on crowd attendance? 

One thing I noticed which for some reason i've never noticed before, is why do they have guard rails if there is no crowd to protect? especially the cheapo rails they use at festivals and outside shops during the pandemic, it looks low rent. 

Edited by Nick James

@Nick James Jacksonville is a little over 2 hours drive from Orlando. 

I agree that NXT probably does need to concede defeat and move nights, but that would either mean USA Network have to move their schedule around to accommodate it, which they won’t, or the contract gets terminated it goes back to just being on WWE Network, which I honestly think is for the best. Outside of a handful of shows (some of which required the main roster to show up), NXT has had its arse handed to them on a routine basis, and the show as a whole has suffered as they try to play catch up. 
Going back to just being their own thing and not worrying about AEW could be the best thing for it long term

• Paid Members

Nice to see Tommy Dreamer with his top-knot and tits. 

Don Callis was fucking great. I love that the picture of him and the Golden Sheik looks like it was taken in the 50s. He brings so much to their act, as Kenny is fine but a bit hammy and not so hammy that it's good. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Tony Khan's performance during this, his segment with Schiavone was a load of fun. I don't think he needs to make a habit of appearing on screen, but this worked. 

Omega was excellent too, and I'm really looking forward to finding out what he has to say on Dynamite. Job done, I guess. 

One thing this episode highlighted though, quite painfully, is how ill-equipped Impact is for any sort of AEW vs Impact angle. The Impact roster is startlingly thin. AEW using Impact in a developmental way could absolutely work, but having the likes of Eric Young or Rich Swann rock up on Dynamite for a match...I can't imagine many people want to see that. 

I'm still on board with the idea of AEW utilising Impact's far-superior women's roster, or even The Good Brothers or Motor City Machine Guns (the latter of which I expect to happen given things The Bucks have said in the past about wanting to wrestle them)

Chris Bey also looks like an exciting prospect, I'm amazed AEW let him slip through their fingers. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

agree that NXT probably does need to concede defeat and move nights, but that would either mean USA Network have to move their schedule around to accommodate it, which they won’t, or the contract gets terminated it goes back to just being on WWE Network, which I honestly think is for the best. Outside of a handful of shows (some of which required the main roster to show up), NXT has had its arse handed to them on a routine basis, and the show as a whole has suffered as they try to play catch up. 
Going back to just being their own thing and not worrying about AEW could be the best thing for it long term

Yeah, but that's based on NXT's job being to do well and draw as many fans as possible. It's not, it's to hamper AEW in any way they can. They're Ji Sung Park to AEW's Pirlo.

Edited by Duke