• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Well, that was a huge let down on the ‘surprise’ front.

They really needed a Rusev or a Zack Ryder, but ended up with Slater, Eric Young and EC3.

Gallows and Anderson has already been announced earlier in the day.

Haven’t watched TNA in ages, however I’ve been looking forward to what they could pull out for this event and as usual with TNA surprises, you always end up disappointed.

Edited by Nick James
  • Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Oh Hi Marks”

It was on youtube the other night with his gfs nipple pixilated out and it was hilarious.    I love 2020 RVD. Did I ever mention that he had me roll his joints for him once at Wales Comic Co

When everyone got released, I remember saying Heath was the one I was most intrigued to see outside of the WWE machine, because he's always seemed like a fun & creative guy but we've never really

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

They really needed a Rusev or a Zack Ryder, but ended up with Slater, Eric Young and EC3.

Gallows and Anderson has already been announced earlier in the day.

Haven’t watched TNA in ages, however I’ve been looking forward to what they could pull out for this event and as usual with TNA surprises, you always end up disappointed.

You'd rather have Ryder? Fuck that.

Eric Young put in a better shift and character in that main event than he ever has.

Heath is a fun watch who seems to make the most of what he's given. Him and Rhyno together is always good.

EC3 absolutely thrived in TNA last time. I'm glad he's back there.

Rusev would be nice but he's got Covid stuff going on at the moment and he's better off going to AEW hopefully.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

I was thinking the same until the very end when EC3 turned up. He's brilliant.

The main event scene was weak as piss but throw Eric Young and EC3 into the mix, and an on the rise Moose, and I think there's enough to work with for a company of Impact's current stature.

I suppose that given that the World Champion was sacked/walked out a few weeks ago, she's already an afterthought and didn't overshadow proceedings.

I can easily envisage some more debuts over the coming weeks and there's obviously something brewing with Aces and Eights. With question marks over the future of MLW, NWA and ROH to a degree, there are lots of names out there looking for work who wouldn't cost the earth.

In regards to the PPV, there was enough to keep me entertained but also some total rubbish too. The woman's gauntlet match was badly booked, with some appalling "comedy" spots and a poor showcase for the women's roster (although later saved by the title match).

That said, Impact looks like a must watch this week, if only for The North v Motor City Machineguns. (How great did they look by the way?)

Edited by garynysmon

I was pretty disappointed they gave the title to Deonna so quickly. Considering Jordynne beating Taya was such a big thing, it didn't feel like she really got the title run that she deserved. Deonna feels more like a "look what we'll do if you're not happy elsewhere!" move. I'm yet to see why she should be pushed over others.

So if we take it as confirmed that EC3 was the figure in the hoody with the glass of whisky in the teaser vignettes, who do we reckon the other two hands were in the vignette with 3 glasses?

Anderson & Gallows (who presumably will turn on Eddie Edwards in short order if that's the case)?

Eric Young & Heath?

Two other new faces yet to come in? Or two others already on the roster?

8 minutes ago, Statto said:

So if we take it as confirmed that EC3 was the figure in the hoody with the glass of whisky in the teaser vignettes, who do we reckon the other two hands were in the vignette with 3 glasses?

Anderson & Gallows (who presumably will turn on Eddie Edwards in short order if that's the case)?

Eric Young & Heath?

Two other new faces yet to come in? Or two others already on the roster?

Hasn't No Way Jose also been using the controlyournarrative hashtag?

8 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

When it comes to Impact I’m really curious about their economics. Are they really making money?

Don't know if they're making money but apparently they have money available to them.
Obviously it's not AEW/WWE money but I remember Jericho saying before signing with AEW 'Impact has more money available to them than people think', or words to that effect.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Sergio Bellend said:

Are the Harris brothers and their Aryan crew still involved or are they long gone now?

I think you're going back a few years there!!

Just noticed that Heath Slater has more Twitter followers than Impact has (and AEW for that matter). Probably a good signing for social media exposure alone.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

When it comes to Impact I’m really curious about their economics. Are they really making money?

Apparently in 2019 they made a profit of $133k. So they're making something but not much. I'm assuming the wrestlers are paid absolute peanuts.

31 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Apparently in 2019 they made a profit of $133k. So they're making something but not much. I'm assuming the wrestlers are paid absolute peanuts.

Supposedly some are earning decent bank.

Gallows and Anderson said they were pleasantly surprised at how much Impact was able to offer them

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

This is probably the most stable the company has ever been. When was the last time there was any talk of bounced cheques etc? Not once I can remember since Anthem took over.

As mentioned earlier, I think that most talent are on half decent money, only that the landscape is so different now with it being a wrestlers' market as opposed to 10 years ago when TNA was able to get away with shit pay as the WWE had no interest in certain types of wrestler and there were no other companies to tout yourself to.

I really like the look of the current roster. Scott D'amore must be a good talent scout as they have signed a lot of unknowns which have turned out to have a lot of potential. Ace Austin, Chris Bey etc spring to mind.

People talk of the need for alternatives, but when you think about it, the promos seem to be more off the cuff and the production is nowhere near as professional and/or crisp as the WWE. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Edited by garynysmon
  • IANdrewDiceClay changed the title to TNA Thread - The Rock debuts at Bound For Glory.