8 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

When it comes to Impact I’m really curious about their economics. Are they really making money?

Don't know if they're making money but apparently they have money available to them.
Obviously it's not AEW/WWE money but I remember Jericho saying before signing with AEW 'Impact has more money available to them than people think', or words to that effect.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Sergio Bellend said:

Are the Harris brothers and their Aryan crew still involved or are they long gone now?

I think you're going back a few years there!!

Just noticed that Heath Slater has more Twitter followers than Impact has (and AEW for that matter). Probably a good signing for social media exposure alone.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

When it comes to Impact I’m really curious about their economics. Are they really making money?

Apparently in 2019 they made a profit of $133k. So they're making something but not much. I'm assuming the wrestlers are paid absolute peanuts.

31 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Apparently in 2019 they made a profit of $133k. So they're making something but not much. I'm assuming the wrestlers are paid absolute peanuts.

Supposedly some are earning decent bank.

Gallows and Anderson said they were pleasantly surprised at how much Impact was able to offer them

• Paid Members

This is probably the most stable the company has ever been. When was the last time there was any talk of bounced cheques etc? Not once I can remember since Anthem took over.

As mentioned earlier, I think that most talent are on half decent money, only that the landscape is so different now with it being a wrestlers' market as opposed to 10 years ago when TNA was able to get away with shit pay as the WWE had no interest in certain types of wrestler and there were no other companies to tout yourself to.

I really like the look of the current roster. Scott D'amore must be a good talent scout as they have signed a lot of unknowns which have turned out to have a lot of potential. Ace Austin, Chris Bey etc spring to mind.

People talk of the need for alternatives, but when you think about it, the promos seem to be more off the cuff and the production is nowhere near as professional and/or crisp as the WWE. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Edited by garynysmon

11 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Supposedly some are earning decent bank.

Gallows and Anderson said they were pleasantly surprised at how much Impact was able to offer them

Gallows and Anderson are never going to say that they have a shit deal. They are workers and they have a family.

Something tells me that basis wrestling pay is massively exaggerated. They are independent contractors. You get paid most if you work right?

No indies, no house shows, limited shows/matches = No income. Only the people on a guaranteed downside are safe. The rest is probably having a very tough financial time now.

I really can’t imagine Slater/Eric Young/Gallows and Anderson getting a big guaranteed downside at TNA during a pandemic or making a ton on merchandise now.

Horrible time to get fired in the wrestling business. 

Edited by LWOLeN

25 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Not sure how true it is. Some reports I have seen on twitter have stated that impact had to use a replica belt from ebay at the latest ppv. The reason for this is that tessa is still in possession of the real one and wants 150k usd to return it

Half right, tessa wanted 150k to return the belt, so impact got a new one made. The white strap tna one moose had is a Pakistani knockoff of the real one. Hopefully means they bought a dozen and he's going to color coordinate with his outfits..... 

57 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Half right, tessa wanted 150k to return the belt, so impact got a new one made. The white strap tna one moose had is a Pakistani knockoff of the real one. Hopefully means they bought a dozen and he's going to color coordinate with his outfits..... 

From Dragon Gate to DHGate.

• Moderators

Finally in the US the Good Brothers are being the Good Brothers we all know and love. 

"he's got good hair." 

Also the trailer for Talknshopamania is ace. I'm buying it

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Finally in the US the Good Brothers are being the Good Brothers we all know and love. 

"he's got good hair." 

Also the trailer for Talknshopamania is ace. I'm buying it

Fancy declaring something the worst PPV ever days after The Horror Show at Extreme Rules took that title