• 5 weeks later...

Are spoiler tags really necessary here given that it’s all speculation?

I’d be surprised if it was anyone with genuine upside, although the current circumstances making it harder than ever to find work may give Impact a better-than-usual chance of signing someone like that. 

I guess for those that want to work right now there are limited places to go. It's not like Gallows and Anderson can go to New Japan right now and outside of perhaps Rusev and Ryder, the latter of which seems a dead cert at some point due to his friendship with Cody I can't see AEW picking them up.

It may be new management but let's be honest it's likely going to be a stable of disgruntled ex WWE employees (Gallows, Anderson, EC3 and Young) wearing black threatening to take over and claiming that Impact is real wrestling. That's still better than it being dodgy Del Rio though. 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

i reckon it'll be stinky old Zack Ryder , or Jack Rider as they'll probably call him

Notwithstanding that the forum's gimmick is to pretend its still 2016 and "TNA" is on its complete arse and not meeting payroll, but did they ever actually bring in someone under a variance of their previously used name? Its an old joke that "PM DUNK is in the Impact Zone Taz!" but not sure what its actually based on.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

In the case of Ryder, if they did bring him in, it would actually be advisable to give him some kind of recognisable moniker, given that his entire value would be in having some sort of long-term recognition. He's a solid hand, but not main-event. And whilst there's some overness to be gained from the fans who thought he was held down, the simple fact is he's a midcard entertainment act at best, and an enhancement guy at worst, so it requires the fans to know who he is.

Something like Long Island Z or something. Are Jessie Godderz and Zema Ion still around? They could do a new Bro-Mans and have him be the replacement for Robbie E.