• Paid Members

I genuinely haven't watched any wrestling in months, not even All In. Probably tells you all you need to know!

Looking from the outside though, it seems that they started gaining some traction but then AEW came around and sucked out all the oxygen out of the room. I can't see much of a future above "super indy" level in all honesty, with the big two picking off everyone they like. Same can be said for ROH and MLW.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've got a deal with AXS TV. Home of the US airing of New Japan. More wrestling fans know the channel at least, and there wont be a google chrome browser popping up halfway through it.

That's a much better channel to be on I'd imagine. Hopefully it helps them grow a little from where they are. Good for them. TNA, the incurable disease.

I can picture Don Callis now, on the NJPW/TNA supershow in two years time, round the back of the building siphoning petrol out of the Japanese lads cars to fill up the mini bus to get his lads back to Nashville. Or Halifax, Nova Scotia. Live and kicking.

11 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

That's a much better channel to be on I'd imagine. Hopefully it helps them grow a little from where they are. Good for them. TNA, the incurable disease.

I can picture Don Callis now, on the NJPW/TNA supershow in two years time, round the back of the building siphoning petrol out of the Japanese lads cars to fill up the mini bus to get his lads back to Nashville. Or Halifax, Nova Scotia. Live and kicking.

There was a Meltz report about Davey Boy Jr. leaving NJPW recently. Davey asked if he could take a booking from Impact and got a resounding no with the reasons given being about Jeff Jarrett and their use of Okada in 2011, so that one might not be happening

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've got a deal with AXS TV. Home of the US airing of New Japan. More wrestling fans know the channel at least, and there wont be a google chrome browser popping up halfway through it.

Probably won't... 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

There was a Meltz report about Davey Boy Jr. leaving NJPW recently. Davey asked if he could take a booking from Impact and got a resounding no with the reasons given being about Jeff Jarrett and their use of Okada in 2011, so that one might not be happening

In fairness, how fucking harsh is that? Is there anyone from Dixie Carter’s 2011 top brass still even with Impact now?

To be fair to New Japan, Okada was going to be their top guy for years to come and were already planning for this.

TNA decided to put him in a racist Green Hornet rip-off gimmick.

I wouldn’t have sent anyone back their either regardless of how long it’s been.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Did anyone watch Slammiversary? From most accounts (not the TNA mentalists), it was pretty great. 

Didn't really know it was happening until I saw Ian tweeting about it. No mention on here that I've seen. Read a report this morning that suggested it was a good show top to bottom. To be fair, the roster is still very decent. A few shitarses I've no interest in watching in prominent positions though. Fucking Callihan main eventing.