• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, midlandsfirst said:

Looks like Allie is gone.  She has been announced for AEW.

I cannot believe that they did not renew her contract which ended at the end of 2018. absolutely criminal. She is very good and was my favourite knockout along with Rosemary.  All the best to her in AEW will miss seeing her and Rosemary together. I wounder if she would still be able to work for Impact. Really enjoyed her dark Allie stuff and the great war was great. 

Edited by scouseman

• Paid Members

Pwinsider are reporting that Impact actually made the decision to let her go.

Pretty surprised at that tbh, so used to wrestlers walking out on Impact over the years that its quite shocking to find out that the shoe’s on the other foot.

I thought she was a solid roster member.

Edited by garynysmon

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Pwinsider are reporting that Impact actually made the decision to let her go.

Pretty surprised at that tbh, so used to wrestlers walking out on Impact over the years that its quite shocking to find out that the shoe’s on the other foot.

I thought she was a solid roster member.

Yup and me. Bizarre decision in my opinion just to "refresh the roster". There are others I would have dropped first personally.. 

"Allie's last appearance for Impact Wrestling will air on tomorrow's episode of Impact and she will not be appearing at this weekend's TV tapings.  Impact Wrestling informed her in January that they would not be renewing her deal and that she would be finishing up at their last set of TV tapings in Las Vegas.  We are told that it was just a decision made to refresh the roster and she was genuinely well liked.  There were quite a few people from Impact who praised her work to me today, especially her attitude from the last set of TV tapings as she showed up and worked hard and had a great attitude towards everyone despite being put into a difficult situation where she knew she was done.  We are also told that Allie kept the fact she was finishing up to herself and no one on the roster was really aware of it until today's AEW signing announcement.  "

The only wrestling that I’ve been watching recently is WWF Raw from 1994 and though the start power is down it has been great watching a show filled with colour, selling, good promos and characters. As I was at a loose end the other evening I sat and watched Impact and my god it was a tedious bore of a programme and I cannot imagine how anyone could bear to sit and watch it, let alone pay money for it.

There was absolutely no believability to any of the matches (tiny guys knocking big fellas about in 50/50 matches, so many bumps with no psychology etc.), zero in terms of psychology - it was impossible to say in most matches or segments who the good guys and bad guys were and Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan seem to both being playing a similar character!

The production values were poor too (being able to see that nice wooden floor) and the shots of the crowd were just depressing as everyone seemed to be over 50+ and like they had all got off the same bus.

It’s such a shame that what was nearly once an alternative to WWE has fallen so badly and really it looks like everyone should just cut their losses.

Yeah I'm hoping all this 'fantasy' stuff finishes soon. I know it worked on Lucha Underground but it's a low point on Impact for me and just makes the product look silly in my opinion. I think Impact are doing a lot of things right - it has its own identity now and has some great talent like Brian Cage, Killer Kross, Johnny Impact etc who look and carry themselves like superstars - they don't need this kind of stuff.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah I'm hoping all this 'fantasy' stuff finishes soon. I know it worked on Lucha Underground but it's a low point on Impact for me and just makes the product look silly in my opinion. 

Snap, its a crock of shit tbh. Hate it, which is a shame as there's some decent enough stuff on the rest of the card.

Edited by garynysmon

27 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Kevin Sullivan and James Mitchell together has to be a first, though? The two devils together.

Shite angle, but it says a lot that nobody is really talking about it. TNA are so off the radar.

...which is a shame because I think Impact does have a lot of positives - the show is, on the whole, an easy watch, the storylines are given time to breathe and make sense, most of the roster have their own, clearly defined characters, the video packages are decent .. it just needs more eyes on it. I'm sure Callis and DAmore know they need to play the long game and apparently the network is happy enough with the content they are producing. The rotting stench of TNA is slowly being replaced (which is why they need to ditch the Flashback section too in my opinion) and I just hope they can keep going long enough to get more people into it as the product is certainly improving.