The worst thing is, this sort of thing increasingly sticks out like a sore thumb because of how the WWE is becoming more and more of a well-oiled professional juggernaut.

All this shit is coming out at the same time WWE are a week away from opening a multi-million pound training centre, which has an aeroplane hanger full of wrestling rings. Let that sink in a minute. WWE are paying through the nose in the hope of developing the next generation, and TNA are sacking their youth/new talent off, not just because of a lack of talent, but to subsidise the costs of running a TV show no one watches.

They're fucked.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

This thread is just grim over the last week or two. Sting wanting to wrestle at Mania, Vladimir Romanov on the abacus in payroll, people disappearing from the roster unexplained, RVD walking out the door when Dixie's making tea in the other room, on-the-road touring haemorrhaging them cash. I'm expecting Bischoff to address Aries and Hardy by payphone and announce a Night of Champions any time soon.

• Paid Members

I don't understand those cuts at all. They keep Alex Silva who accidentally got in due to Ric Flair, and Sam Shaw who is void of any talent. Then they fire Joey Ryan who actually had character and could have went somewhere, Taylor Hendrix who needed time but was quite over considering she was new, Christian York who is basically a vet compared to half the roster and could have done well in the X Division, and Crimson who they only just brought back.

TNA are thick as fuck.

Lots of interesting news. It does feel like the move to go on the road has hurt them. Let's not forget we were all hollering for it, and the quality of the product has increased since they did it, so it's a tough spot. They needed to do it, but they also needed to make it work financially.

As much of a fan of Hulk and Stinger as I am, I do think it's time they moved on. Sting's been TNA champ more times than almost anyone else, he's wrestled everyone, they have him in their Hall Of Fame. I love the role that Hogan plays in TNA, the match[-maker, but it's not worth his wage bill and he could do that for WWE with much more impact.

As for the rest of the roster, as Ian was saying a few pages back, it's been static for a long time. And it was pretty over-stuffed as well. Hopefully time for some new blood, and they'll have to base tv around guys like Roode, Aries, Hardy, Bully, and that's no bad thing.

They could also get a couple of other ex-WWE guys with Hogan's salary, like Morrison for example, that would really spice things up.

----

The big irony for me is that TNA's product is really great at the moment, and for large parts of the last 4 or 5 years it's been regularly superior to WWE. As HHH's control of WWE expands, it's clear the product is improving and their investment in the future is improving, and I think if I had Sky I'd probably be tempted to start watching again. As WWE improves, TNA needs to be leaner and better, and to find ways of standing out.

As much of a fan of Hulk and Stinger as I am, I do think it's time they moved on. Sting's been TNA champ more times than almost anyone else, he's wrestled everyone, they have him in their Hall Of Fame.

To be fair if having done everything there is to do in TNA and having wrestled everyone on the roster there is your motivation for getting rid of someone then that applies to pretty much all the bloody roster. I barely ever watch TNA and I still feel like I've seen whatever match they're having when I do tune in.

True of all wrestling rosters for a decade or more. How many match ups have the WWE not done? How many times has Cena wrestled Orton? But yeah, all those PPVs and tv have used up most of their obvious "first time" matches.

If they got shot of Pritchard and got someone in with some friends in TNA, they might even be able to prise away a couple of better names from there. It's not happened for a wee while, but it's worth a shot.

WWE have got a load more aces up the sleeve than TNA, though. When TNA want to do a marquee match-up, they have to rely on existing talent; WWE just have to chuck money at The Rock or Lesnar. Or bring Triple H or Undertaker out of retirement.