• Paid Members

Hogan gets paid $35,000 per episode (so $70,000 per Impact taping) plus extras for publicity and international tours, so add up his appearances and he's far and away the highest paid bloke there. He wouldnt be there if they weren't paying out the arse to keep him. Sting signed for something like $600,000 a year in 2005 and his contract has kept rolling ever since. Those are the two that are public. Bischoff's deal isn't, but its rumoured to be around $750,000 a year. Angle is on around what Sting is making. Hardy is probably on the same.

I love Hulk Hogan and I'm glad he's found someone to give him money for doing little, but he's really diddled them on that contract. If I was paying someone 7 figures a year, I'd want them to be somewhat exclusive to me. Hogan has appeared on video games and has had his own midget wrestling league and has done all kinds of other ventures without TNA having any say in it. I suppose you can take it if you can get it though. Good on him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Wow.

How accurate is that Ian?

I remember last year when TNA salary information was floating about, it had Angle at just under a mil a year and Sting at about 850k. Is that BS then?

I'd have thought Sting/Angle would have commanded more than 600k.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Its about the schedule with them. $500-600,000 was the deal they were offering all the names who jumped on board in the mid-2000s. Jericho was offered the same deal, but didn't want to join them. Sting used to only do 6 months for TNA when he first signed for them. Back when they first joined, TNA would do a load of tapings in their home town in the same week and they'd go home. So when they first joined TNA it was a pretty sweet deal.

Angle isn't making $1,000,000 a year. He might say he is, but he has had no bargaining power in years. WWE has avoided him like the plague, so it only makes sense that he's been on the same deal he's always been on. Which was around $600,000 (which his agent said was his earnings in 2006).

• Paid Members
Is it TNA paying that or is it between TNA and Spike.

Spike was helping TNA with the wage structure, but a lot a has happened since these contracts were drawn up. TNA is given a budget, and with going live and going on the road and Dixie Carters Mam being put in charge of cutting costs in late 2010 (which is why TNA never brings in ex-WWE names in bulk anymore), the budget TNA is given from Spike is needed on other areas. If you are losing hundreds of thousands a week on going on the road and going live, those contracts they pay Sting and Hogan are going to weigh heavy on you bottom line. Those contracts dont look as bad when you are taping a months worth of shows over a two day period in a free TV studio.

And now the vise is tightening on the budget, its interesting to see who really is behind TNA and who is there just for money. If Tazz and Sting do leave, then they might be putting a lock on the purse finally. History has shown over the last few years if the money is there, Sting is happy. If the money isn't there, he's going to do what Flair did.

Sorry to use you as a form of 'TNA Yoda' Ian, but what was the business rationale behind taking the show on the road? Was there a strong business argument for doing so or was it a case of braggadocio, a form of egotistical dick swinging to prove they're a big deal to people outside of the company?

It just seems mental that they've got such a self defeating business structure, to the point where people who haven't even got a sniff of WWE action will openly say they won't work for TNA.

• Paid Members

Fuck knows to be honest. Its anyones guess, really. Maybe they thought cutting the PPVs could balance it out. Maybe they thought they could get enough people in the building to make a tiny profit. But really, I have no idea. The timing seemed completely out of the blue. We all got excited initially, and most of us thought they had to have some plan behind it. But it doesn't look like it.

I mean they did this swimming up stream thing in 2002 when they had their weekly PPVs. But even then they weren't losing $500,000 a fortnight.

• Paid Members

This just came up on the Torch.

During this budget clean-up process, PWTorch has learned from a source that TNA has been about one month behind on payroll. This has affected everyone's pay on the roster.

A month behind on the payroll is pretty fucking shocking for a national promotion.

• Paid Members

Surely the idea behind taking Impact on the road was to make money on the gates, which they weren't doing in Orlando. However, they seem to have done their sums wrong somewhere along the line by booking out these big arenas that cost a fortune and they can't hope to come close to filling. It's been said a number of times on here, but they really should be looking at buildings like the Hammerstein Ballroom.

I'm certain someone from TNA just stumbles onto an internet forum every now and then makes their business decisions off the back of it.

I think the decision to take Impact on the road pretty much was that. Forums have been full of "get away from the idiots in the Impact Zone" for years, and all the TNA wrestlers wanted to as well. Essentially, they must have thought that going on the road would make them look big-time and lead to an explosion in perception so that ticket sales, ratings and buyrates would go up.

Is Dixie's dad not going to finance them endlessly, Ian? Why hasn't he paid everyone their wages?

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
Is Dixie's dad not going to finance them endlessly, Ian? Why hasn't he paid everyone their wages?

Its one of either two things I imagine. Since there isn't really much money in TNA outside the Spike deal, that's the only money coming it. Panda owns TNA, but they give Dixie Carter a budget to use and Spike give TNA money to use as well. So if they've pissed away the monthly budget, there's probably no money left. The second option is, Bruce Prichard has fell asleep at the desk again and forgot he has to pay the wrestlers. RVD left because Prichard stopped answering the phone and poor Bobby Roode (the World Tag Team champion at the time) stopped showing up for dates and when they asked him where he was he told them his deal had ran out and nobody contacted him.

But Dixie's Dad isn't going to finance them forever. He hasn't for years really. Without Spike TV, there is no TNA. It was only when they got on Spike that they could afford the Stings and Kurt Angles.

• Paid Members
It's been said a number of times on here, but they really should be looking at buildings like the Hammerstein Ballroom.

I've never swallowed all these stories about TNA's demise but that PWT story has really set the alarmbells going. Not making payroll is what happens to football teams on the verge of administration, so that doesn't sound good at all.

If things are as bad as that, they need to scrap these tapings asap. Perception is one thing but when it's putting the future of the company at risk, fuck that.