I'm just on about filler shit they put on weekly shows. It's rather tedious to watch. The WWE has been guilty of this for a few years and even on the PPV's. The Bound For Glory series is a simple concept which gives a meaning to a match. The whole points thing is interesting as it isn't always obvious with which outcome they are going to utilize for the finish.

Come on, Miserable Ian, don't spoil our fun, some of us actually enjoy Impact ;)

I agree with Twinn, the BFG series is one of the best thing in wrestling today. I always thought King Of The Ring in WWE was ace for exactly the same reasons. Each match has a reason to happen and isn't thrown out there. If anything, this Main Event mafia story threatens to derail the purity of that.

I'm not changing any point :rolleyes: . He said in reference to why he thinks celebrity Tweets would be a good idea:

Celebrity endorsement and tie-ins with other media certainly did the WWF no harm in establishing its brand in the 1980s

So yeah, you saying:

No one is comparing tweets to MTV appearances

Is nonsense. Just like you thinking some big star endorsing what you even just called "a small business in the wrestling world" is nonsense. Why are you so adamant in longing out this shit conversation?

Nope. In reference to the general idea of relocating somewhere central to the mainstream media, and attempting to gain celebrity endorsement and involvement, which would probably be made a lot easier through that relocation.

Nobody is seriously putting forward the theory that one celebrity Tweeting about James Storm is going to have the same impact on the business as Mr. T appearing in the main event of WrestleMania. Stop cherry-picking and burning straw men. We're talking big picture marketing strategies, not relocating the whole company in order to facilitate a one-off publicity stunt.

I'm neither "talking about Twitter" nor "not talking about Twitter". Social media could certainly play a role in celebrity endorsement bringing new eyes to the product, but it has only ever been expressed as one example of how TNA being more visible to the mainstream media would be beneficial from a branding and awareness standpoint. I know fuck all about LA so I'd be hard pressed to tell you whether Raven's idea would have worked out if carried through to the letter, but in principal a set-up similar (in terms of financial arrangement and production values) to the Impact Zone but located somewhere more at the thrust of the mainstream, be that LA, Las Vegas, or wherever else could only be an improvement in terms of getting TNA noticed. Just look at all the more localized celebrity tie ins TNA got in its Nashville days. NASCAR drivers and country singers mean fuck all to the mainstream, but if you had the Hollywood or Las Vegas based equivalent getting involved in the same way it would have done their brand no end of favours. Whether it would have worked out in terms of logistics I've no idea, but I like the idea from a marketing standpoint.

• Paid Members

Don't think I've brought this up here before, but if you ever miss an episode and have an iPad or iPhone, I find the free TNA 'on demand' app to be a very handy way of keeping up with what's going on in small chunks.

Edited by garynysmon

Mickie James making Velvet bloody Sky tap out was glorious but I can't stand that WWE/TNAs idea of women can't take losing without breaking down in a heap. They're getting paid to fight and put their body on the line and will inevitably lose and get bullied along the way, just like the men. You didn't see Randy Orton cry his eyes out after he tapped out. Tazz's response to it was spot on. Tazz then did that thing he sometimes does when he's on the hardcam where he goes, "HAHA! What's up bro? Give me a call!", to an imaginary person out of shot. I love Tazz. His "look it's the return of. . . Van Hammer!" line to ridicule the gut check idiot was great too.

• Paid Members

Just watched it, on Butch's recommendation. The Big O is so horrendous. Like really bad. Time seemed to stand still when Skidmarks hit the cross body. It was all so awkward. It made Wes Brisco vs Garrett Bischoff look like Steamboat and Savage. At least people popped on the finish. Their kickouts were the fakest looking shite I've ever seen. They basically put their hands on the others shoulder as the referee is counting, letting all of us know he's waiting for his cue to kick out. Amateur hour shite. And before anyone says "well thats the point in Gut Check", well thats also the point in why no fucker watches Gut Check. Impact is the flag ship show. You shouldn't fill a portion of it with two people who can't work and who aren't over. Gut Check outside the Impact Zone is a real eye opener. The Impact Zone were brainwashed for years to just buy what TNA wanted. In front of paying crowds, the silence is quite something. Gut Check only works when you have a real wrestler working with the nobody. Seeing two of them wrestler does neither a service.

I cant believe the Big O went over as well. At least Skidmarks works for their developmental territory. The Big O looks the pits.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I like the way they'd sell then KICK OUT WITH ENERGY before a 2 count.

Adam Pearce didn't get through The Gut Check, remember. ADAM FUCKING PEARCE, the kind of person TNA could really do with.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That's the thing about these Gut Checks. Nobody good actually wins. The only person that won that had any upside was Jay Bradley who they had planned on signing anyway. Brian Cage was great. Ivelisse looked class. Adam Pearce looked far better than the Mexican bloke who got ahead of him. I dont get Gut Check. Its not a talent search. You dont need a talent search. Anyone on this forum could name people they should think about hiring. Its what I find funny about the WORLD WIDE GUT CHECK SEARCHES. Some of the mongy looking bastards they get sending their picture in is hilarious. Sterling James Keenan was even on there to vote for and he was working against Seth Rollins on NXT that week. How did he get up there? Wrestling isn't the X-Factor. Its a very small world. If Colin Gravyboat from Delaware hasn't had any bookings outside his street, its not because he's undiscovered. I dont understand why its there if they know the type of wrestler (very, very cheap $200 a shot worker) they are after. They used Jay Bradley and Sam Shaw as extras before they even did Gut Check. Whats the difference now? They are still extras.

Is Spud still under contract with them? I remember him showing up and US viewers burying his size, look and accent and especially his name. I mean thats not his fault. They put him on TV even though the fans had no idea who he was over there. Same with Mark Haskins when he debuted as a MYSTERY OPPONENT on a nostalgia show. You have to present these people better than that. You have to protect people who have so many things going against them.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay