Lashley is a badass. They've done an awesome job with him. He's improved a shit load since his last run in wrestling. He's developed a load of intensity. By far the most interesting he's ever been.

Very true

I really am enjoying watching him as a World Champ

Like you say he is much more intense this time around,and he really is TNA's best bet right now

Edited by Big Bully Busick

• Paid Members

I missed Lashley's WWE run, so I only really know him from his rubbish Strikeforce run. I'm disappointed to read he has a shit voice, as he absolutely looks the part of a World champion. You can see why Vince was keen on him. I you're flicking the channel or see him walking down a street, you're going to pay attention.

I thought the first New York show was ok. I'm pleased that Austin Aries is a champion again. His X Division to World title run was one of the highlights over the last few years.

Anyway, Meltzer had something interesting to say the other night. Apparently, the folks at Spike don't care for Russo, which is probably why he was sacked a while back, but TNA hired him back and tried to hide it from the higher ups at Spike. Obviously Spike found out and were not too pleased about it, particularly because TNA supposedly told Spike he was gone. Mental considering how desperate they are for the new TV deal.

• Paid Members

I haven't the strength to rewatch it but i wonder how many mentions of New York there were in the opening 10 minutes? 50? 100?

Not half as many mentions of New York as there were "ECW". Tazz even pulled an Eliminators reference out of his arse during the Royal Rumble. So many mentions of 1997 in this episode of Impact. And they are doing Hardcore Justice again in a few weeks, so I expect Shane Dougas and Raven popping up.

It was a decent show but a stupidly missed opportunity. It felt like they realised that this could be a big opportunity to re-brand themselves but then they just made themselves look like an ECW tribute act. Utterly clueless.

That said the knockouts match was fun and the main was pretty decent.

As part of British Boot Camp they're are putting on a free show in London:

TNA Wrestling: British Boot Camp 2 is proud to announce a very special FREE televised event coming to the UK. On Saturday August 16, the judges and stars of British Boot Camp will be competing in London in the 'final' of the UK portion of the Challenge TV show. TNA stars, and show judges, Samoa Joe, Al Snow and Gail Kim will all be there - and the event will be MC'd by British Boot Camp executive producer Jeremy Borash.

Tickets are FREE on a strictly first come, first served basis - with those who hold tickets for the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT January 2015 Tour given priority in the application process. Venue and ticketing details will be announced at 7pm (UK time) on Thursday.

Edited by pgi86