• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

When my cynical side comes out, pics like that one bug me, in that each of those guys was likely on a downside the majority of non-WWE wrestlers could only dream of, no doubt saving a hefty chunk of it along the way. To give it the big "I am" having just stepped in on the mid- and top-rung of another promotion, thereby taking spots from less-well-off workers who're not as financial comfortable to afford to play around and indulge their "want to contribute", seems pretty rum.

I know what you're saying, but Impact's roster had been left with massive holes in the upper and midcard that no obvious internal names were ready to fill. This isn't the same as previous TNA signings from the WWE that were pushed to the moon at the expense of your AJ Styles' etc.

For instance, Ace Austin has a lot of upside and is being programmed for a feud with Anderson and Gallows. That can only boost his career at this stage, being only 23.

They could just as easily have had Eric Young or EC3 capture the world title on Sunday, but instead rewarded loyal Eddie Edwards. I'm not that worried about it tbh.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Just seen a clip of Johnny Swinger doing a out of time veteran in Zubaz and doing a incredibly light handshake to a interviewer. It's way too inside, won't go anywhere, and it's Johnny Swinger, but it was pretty funny. 

21 hours ago, gmoney said:

Just seen a clip of Johnny Swinger doing a out of time veteran in Zubaz and doing a incredibly light handshake to a interviewer. It's way too inside, won't go anywhere, and it's Johnny Swinger, but it was pretty funny. 

It's Impact's best character by a mile.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Johnny Swinger has never been over in any company he's worked for, and now aged 45 has stumbled across the best character in his life. Proof its never to late, I suppose.

That's true. I barely remember him in ECW.

Apparently his name was just banded about in a booking meeting when they were thinking of an 80s throwback and Scott D'Amore thought he'd be ideal for it.

BTW, Slammiversary is on free TV tomorrow night.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Impact are now the Underdog I didn't know I needed. They have been consistent for a while now, but they have genuine intrigue around them now and I think that not having the 'number 2' company tag could do wonders for them. Everyone talks AEW / WWE, but with Impact and NWA Powerrr (future undecided), there are two consistent and inoffensive shows that don't have the tedious arguements about who's better attached.