27 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The world internet champion? I'd have thought he'd be ending up in AEW due to being best buds with Cody, could be he's just timing this now to get people talking.

Cardona , Heath and Myers have all released videos today as now officially contract free 

• Paid Members

Seriously expecting a new faction to form this evening based off the main event. Whoever comes in as the former world champ if a heel, or Ace Austin, Fulton and the Good Brothers. Kinda expecting it to be option B and give the Rascalz something to work against for the next few months. 

4 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Seriously expecting a new faction to form this evening based off the main event. Whoever comes in as the former world champ if a heel, or Ace Austin, Fulton and the Good Brothers. Kinda expecting it to be option B and give the Rascalz something to work against for the next few months. 

Are Aces & Eights back? I saw there was some talk about a month back.

• Paid Members
Just now, Merzbow said:

Are Aces & Eights back? I saw there was some talk about a month back.

I think that's where the Bully Ray speculation is. D'lo essentially got dissed and then made a phone call about getting the band back together and the vest was there. Wasn't Gallows in it as well? This could all tie together. 

• Paid Members

Well, that was a huge let down on the ‘surprise’ front.

They really needed a Rusev or a Zack Ryder, but ended up with Slater, Eric Young and EC3.

Gallows and Anderson has already been announced earlier in the day.

Haven’t watched TNA in ages, however I’ve been looking forward to what they could pull out for this event and as usual with TNA surprises, you always end up disappointed.

Edited by Nick James

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

They really needed a Rusev or a Zack Ryder, but ended up with Slater, Eric Young and EC3.

Gallows and Anderson has already been announced earlier in the day.

Haven’t watched TNA in ages, however I’ve been looking forward to what they could pull out for this event and as usual with TNA surprises, you always end up disappointed.

You'd rather have Ryder? Fuck that.

Eric Young put in a better shift and character in that main event than he ever has.

Heath is a fun watch who seems to make the most of what he's given. Him and Rhyno together is always good.

EC3 absolutely thrived in TNA last time. I'm glad he's back there.

Rusev would be nice but he's got Covid stuff going on at the moment and he's better off going to AEW hopefully.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

I was thinking the same until the very end when EC3 turned up. He's brilliant.

The main event scene was weak as piss but throw Eric Young and EC3 into the mix, and an on the rise Moose, and I think there's enough to work with for a company of Impact's current stature.

I suppose that given that the World Champion was sacked/walked out a few weeks ago, she's already an afterthought and didn't overshadow proceedings.

I can easily envisage some more debuts over the coming weeks and there's obviously something brewing with Aces and Eights. With question marks over the future of MLW, NWA and ROH to a degree, there are lots of names out there looking for work who wouldn't cost the earth.

In regards to the PPV, there was enough to keep me entertained but also some total rubbish too. The woman's gauntlet match was badly booked, with some appalling "comedy" spots and a poor showcase for the women's roster (although later saved by the title match).

That said, Impact looks like a must watch this week, if only for The North v Motor City Machineguns. (How great did they look by the way?)

Edited by garynysmon

I was pretty disappointed they gave the title to Deonna so quickly. Considering Jordynne beating Taya was such a big thing, it didn't feel like she really got the title run that she deserved. Deonna feels more like a "look what we'll do if you're not happy elsewhere!" move. I'm yet to see why she should be pushed over others.

• Paid Members

So if we take it as confirmed that EC3 was the figure in the hoody with the glass of whisky in the teaser vignettes, who do we reckon the other two hands were in the vignette with 3 glasses?

Anderson & Gallows (who presumably will turn on Eddie Edwards in short order if that's the case)?

Eric Young & Heath?

Two other new faces yet to come in? Or two others already on the roster?

8 minutes ago, Statto said:

So if we take it as confirmed that EC3 was the figure in the hoody with the glass of whisky in the teaser vignettes, who do we reckon the other two hands were in the vignette with 3 glasses?

Anderson & Gallows (who presumably will turn on Eddie Edwards in short order if that's the case)?

Eric Young & Heath?

Two other new faces yet to come in? Or two others already on the roster?

Hasn't No Way Jose also been using the controlyournarrative hashtag?