Dont get me wrong I like the north there the best tag team that the have Josh Alexander is a beast they have a good act...I just get a money grabbing whore Colt cabana vibe of him

1 hour ago, kidzero said:

Dont get me wrong I like the north there the best tag team that the have Josh Alexander is a beast they have a good act...I just get a money grabbing whore Colt cabana vibe of him

You met him at Universal Uproar, too?

As critical as I've been of the dead crowds for Impact TV tapings, I haven't half appreciated having some kind of background noise for the past two weeks of episodes!

Edited by garynysmon

Thinking about it, the company that will come out least damaged out of this whole situation may well be Impact.

It depends very little on its ticket sales and PPV buys and is essentially a TV product owned by a media company.

(How this affects its parent company is a different matter of course).

70 year old Mike Jackson makes his Impact debut. Johnny Swinger is still my favourite wrestler. 

I love how Johnny Swinger somehow seems more anachronistic than Action Mike Jackson.

I'm still spinning through episodes from 11 weeks ago with this but I believe Part 1 of Rebellion aired last night?

Yeah. 

Have just watched a few clips from it and as Impact's sound mixing is generally so bad anyway, an empty arena doesn't sound much worse than the weekly tv!

Edited by garynysmon

What’s with other promotions using former PPV names? Had WWE let the trademarks on “Rebellion” and “Bash at the Beach” lapse or something?

3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

What’s with other promotions using former PPV names? Had WWE let the trademarks on “Rebellion” and “Bash at the Beach” lapse or something?

That's exactly it, I know Cody snapped up Bash last year but I think WWE let some them go long before that.

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's exactly it, I know Cody snapped up Bash last year but I think WWE let some them go long before that.

So what does that mean for the past events? I mean, clearly nothing as the events are still on WWE Network, but how can WWE still continue to market the name if they no longer own it?

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

So what does that mean for the past events? I mean, clearly nothing as the events are still on WWE Network, but how can WWE still continue to market the name if they no longer own it?

Fair use. By definition they can't be infringing on AEW's intellectual property by promoting events that happened about thirty years before AEW even existed.

Secondly, AEW would actually have to complain, which they won't do, because they don't want a legal battle with WWE. Especially not one that they'd definitely lose.

https://whatculture.com/wwe/impact-wrestling-returning-to-its-tna-roots

I don't hate this at all tbh. Whereas I can understand the need to move away from the tarnished image of TNA, it does hold name value (be it good or bad) and maybe by now even an element of nostalgia? 

Obviously leading to a Moose (Tna) v Tessa (Impact) match down the line.

Edited by garynysmon

Just caught up with this thread. Returning to "TNA" is a bit crap, IMO, because it was always a crap name that was intended to be smirky, and had outstayed its welcome by the first ever event, like the Be-Sharps. Sure, "Impact Wrestling" was always a bit shit too, but I don't think it warrants going back to even shitter ground.

Other than that, the only other thing I have to say is that Mike Jackson's ring gear is awesome.