16 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

I liked GFW the best of the name they used.

I can only ever read GFW as "Geoff Wrestling".

26 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I can only ever read GFW as "Geoff Wrestling".

01-1.jpg?w=584

I'd watch. Geoff vs. The Butcher from AEW please. Or Geoff vs. PAC in a Quayside Death Match.

(Thanks for the image @Astro Hollywood - https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/tag/byker-grove/ everyone)

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Like most members of this forum I'll bet, it was Byker Grove that allowed me to become a fan of Ric Flair.

Whenever I saw him in magazines I always thought he looked old and boring, and certainly didn't belong on my walls alongside colourful characters like Tatanka and Marty Jannetty.

But then I saw one of the Byker kids (Frew, possibly) had a Flair poster in his bedroom, and I figured if the Nature Boy was cool enough for a BBC set designer's image of British youth culture, then he was cool enough for me. Up went the posters.

Ric Flair was something that was impossible to explain to a non-wrestling fan, or anyone who'd not seen him.  I remember seeing clips of this old man in red pants in WCW in the 90s and thinking "he looks embarrassing".  I didn't really see any of him until he arrived in WWE, when he really WAS old.  And had a noticeable lisp.  And was completely brilliant.

TNA will survive Covid-19, too. 

51 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is it me is Ethan page a smug cunt full of his own self- importantants

I thought he was fucking atrocious when he came in, but he's been quite impressive as part of The North tag team in fairness.

In news that will surprise no-one, the TNA reunion (like all Wrestlecon events) is off.

Edited by garynysmon