• Paid Members

I've got AEW, MLW, Raw & Smackdown Highlights series linked on our new cable box and NWA YouTube, although I'm prepared to jettison the WWE "highlights" for Impact, though. Is it worth a watch? 

25 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've got AEW, MLW, Raw & Smackdown Highlights series linked on our new cable box and NWA YouTube, although I'm prepared to jettison the WWE "highlights" for Impact, though. Is it worth a watch? 

Impact has been solid for a while now. It's worth giving a go. It's a pretty consistent effort so give it a couple of weeks and you'll soon know if it's not for you.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Impact has been solid for a while now. It's worth giving a go. It's a pretty consistent effort so give it a couple of weeks and you'll soon know if it's not for you.

Nothing wrong with the in-ring action and I find the general product to be fine. The production is somewhat lacking and lets down the show in my view, but I'm hoping the move to AXS in America will see an upturn in this regard.

They seem to be planning for a more extensive taping schedule, i.e fewer 2-3 day marathons in the same venue, which tends to result in hotter crowds. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

They're planning on doing live shows over here again next year, I doubt they could sell the Skydome again in their current state but I'd go if they tried.

Given how few buy the shows, hence the low risk in terms of time difference etc, surely running a PPV in the UK wouldn't be the worst idea ever?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Was just having a read up on what happened at Bound for Glory & the AXS premiere and notice that RVD seems to have turned heel.

That's gotta be his first time as a heel since about 96/97, right?

Solid debut on axs with a good strong crowd now onwards and upwards from here fingers crossed it will be Interesting to see how the numbers come out obviously it's building blocks for them but they've got to be atleast hoping to get something near the pop viewing figures in the shorter term 

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I'm back on the Impact bandwagon. I watched the previous weeks - which was essentially all pre recorded links of YouTube vlogger quality - detailing where the company was at and where it's headed. A nice little catch up. 

There's a sort of endearing, underdog freshness to how on their arse they look, at the moment. I'm passing them on the street, in the cold, and I feel bad. I want to put a coin in their cup. 

I'll stream the cup online, of course, so I won't be able to put a coin in it. But it's gotten interesting again in the current climate to see where the...fourth? fifth? sixth?... biggest North American wrestling promotion goes next. They've lost pretty much all their niches and apparent street credentials. Even for TNA it's crazy to think how down the chute and near unrecognisable they've gotten. 

You certainly can't accuse them of lacking choice on ways to watch

impact have just announced that from next week UK viewers can watch the show at the same time as the USA/Canadian fans from 2am on the impact plus app 

I'm surprised by this move as they've made such a song and dance over the fight netwoek premiere on Wednesdays 

But it's another way to watch it's available to everyone with a smart phone/TV and or internet connection