Why the fuck are you guys spoiler tagging speculation about a future storyline?

I think this has been the plan all along. TNA has a history in the last few years of year-long builds, and this could be their master stroke. Bully is only ever out for Bully, and he's playing his "face" character so well, with just this hint of something about it. Hogan was suspicious for ages, but then he's got Stinger and Brooke telling him that "Mark" is ok and all that.

I can see a Hogan v Bully match at BFG. That would be fantastic, Bully is a master at stalling and working up the fans and all that, and could deliver a mean-looking beating to Hogan without the big man taking any bumps.

I'd love to see Bully Ray turn heel especially as I have enjoyed the Aces & Eights storyline since it was filmed over here in the UK. Plus Devon and Bully never got to have the big "blow out match" so it'd make perfect sense and Bully would look great with the belt. He's the sort of bloke who could have a match with anyone and match the star power.

Also I wonder what the last 2 Impact Zone tapings are going to be like. I wonder if the fans are gonna appreciate (spelt it write for once) it or if they are gonna shit on it as they're moving out of Orlando.

• Paid Members
Why the fuck are you guys spoiler tagging speculation about a future storyline?

I think this has been the plan all along. TNA has a history in the last few years of year-long builds, and this could be their master stroke. Bully is only ever out for Bully, and he's playing his "face" character so well, with just this hint of something about it. Hogan was suspicious for ages, but then he's got Stinger and Brooke telling him that "Mark" is ok and all that.

I can see a Hogan v Bully match at BFG. That would be fantastic, Bully is a master at stalling and working up the fans and all that, and could deliver a mean-looking beating to Hogan without the big man taking any bumps.

I'm absolutely certain this is where it's all going - and it's going to be great. There was that awesome super evil stare when he was hugging Brooke a few weeks ago, then there was all the "Believe me: I am not a good guy...." stuff last week too. It's things like this that, if allowed to play out naturally over the full course of time, will end up being fantastic viewing. It'll mean paranoid, concerned father Hulk was right all along...

It could lead to Riggs and Murtaugh having a falling out too, as Sting has been pushing Hogan to trust Bully.

Thought the UK crew looked super green this week, the Blossoms and Part Marty. The twins nearly dropped Tara and seemed to get a bit of a pasting from Gail Kim in return. Plus Marty missed that plancha.

Keep them off tv until they improve, I say. And makes you realise how ready Magnus is and how much he's improved. He's my next pick for the top, he reminds me of Bobby Roode in say 2008 - on the brink of greatness.

EDIT: we may only have one thread, but our product is much better at the moment :p

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

I honestly feel Magnus is visibly improving. He seems to be more and more sure of himself and his work with each week that goes by. I hope they start giving him some payback against Aces & 8s soon - he's too savvy-sounding a character to not want to go after them.

So I watched Impact earlier and it was alright. The Aces and Eight guys are meant to look really fucking pathetic though right? They 'ran in' twice only to not do much and then get chased off. And I was a bit peeved that they only seemed to have one plot going all show (who's going to get the title shot?) and they didn't deliver it because some cowardly midcarders stood around for a bit and then left. I'm game for cliffhanger finishes but that wasn't one, that was just drizzling to a stop. But they really know how to shoot Wembley and make it look like a mega crowd (sadly some of that mega crowd were smegs who chanted 'this is wrestling' about two minutes into a Joe vs. Angle match in case people hadn't noticed). I might check it out more now that it's in big venues though. But it was really strange watching what was an entirely pointless show take place in such a great looking venue for them. I presume the UK shows are poorly watched so they don't give a shit, and I'm sure it was fun for the live fans as they got to see Hogan and Sting.

• Paid Members
they didn't deliver it because some cowardly midcarders stood around for a bit and then left. .

D'you mean the interference in the Angle/Joe match? I found that rather irritating too.

Also I wonder what the last 2 Impact Zone tapings are going to be like. I wonder if the fans are gonna appreciate (spelt it write for once) it or if they are gonna shit on it as they're moving out of Orlando.

Was that on purpose???

• Paid Members

I'm actually think it will be Brooke & Bully Ray. The grabbing and kidnapping of Brooke is just too convenient. Plus never trust a female in wrestling. They always turn on you.

So I watched Impact earlier and it was alright. The Aces and Eight guys are meant to look really fucking pathetic though right? They 'ran in' twice only to not do much and then get chased off. And I was a bit peeved that they only seemed to have one plot going all show (who's going to get the title shot?) and they didn't deliver it because some cowardly midcarders stood around for a bit and then left. I'm game for cliffhanger finishes but that wasn't one, that was just drizzling to a stop. But they really know how to shoot Wembley and make it look like a mega crowd (sadly some of that mega crowd were smegs who chanted 'this is wrestling' about two minutes into a Joe vs. Angle match in case people hadn't noticed). I might check it out more now that it's in big venues though. But it was really strange watching what was an entirely pointless show take place in such a great looking venue for them. I presume the UK shows are poorly watched so they don't give a shit, and I'm sure it was fun for the live fans as they got to see Hogan and Sting.

I disagree with some of that. The run-in during the Angle-Joe match was pointless, and the finish of Roode-Aries was poor.

But the "one plot going the whole show" is one of the plus points of the way Impact is written. They always try to give the matches meaning, rather than just have random pairings as in WWE. And that was simply a framework for everything else - you still had continuation of the Hogan-Bully story, the Roode-Aries story, the Aces & 8s story, Magnus' story. Next week the show might concentrate more on the X Division and womens' storylines. They're good like that, not trying to do too much but always trying to give things a reason.

I would imagine the UK shows are just as watched as any others, and because the crowds are so big and the show looks so good, they tend to end up being quite important for TNA.

• Paid Members

One major plus point in TNA's favour is that they've always got their people on screen doing something - there are very few pointless matches that have no purpose. Almost everyone on the roster who's been on TV the past few months, you can describe what they're doing right now, and those you can't are usually on jobbing duty, so they're contributing to storylines and angles one way or the other.

I completely agree with the above. The usual matches they throw together at on Impact don't seem overexposed and ones you've seen far too many times before. I suppose this is because they have the right amount of TV time for them which is roughly 80-90 minutes per week. To add to this there is still a fair share of feuds I'd like to see in the near future. I struggle to think of many I'd like to see in the WWE these days as most possibilities have been done.

I disagree with some of that. The run-in during the Angle-Joe match was pointless, and the finish of Roode-Aries was poor.

But the "one plot going the whole show" is one of the plus points of the way Impact is written. They always try to give the matches meaning, rather than just have random pairings as in WWE. And that was simply a framework for everything else - you still had continuation of the Hogan-Bully story, the Roode-Aries story, the Aces & 8s story, Magnus' story. Next week the show might concentrate more on the X Division and womens' storylines. They're good like that, not trying to do too much but always trying to give things a reason.

I would imagine the UK shows are just as watched as any others, and because the crowds are so big and the show looks so good, they tend to end up being quite important for TNA.

That wasn't considered an important shoo surely? Nothing of any note actually happened. People competed for a title shot that wasn't announced and didn't find out because, no, I still don't know why an announcement wasn't made at the end. Its not like Aces and Eight really impacted the ability to make an announcement, they left after a couple of minutes. And the rest of the stuff wasn't even a continuation was it? I just got the feeling that very little had actually developed.