On 5/12/2019 at 6:47 AM, Gay as FOOK said:

This is Jarrett's. It looks far better on YouTube. A tour of all the towns he's conquered as champion. There's a bit of that Evolution gold going on in the video, only instead of getting off a chopper he's missed his train. 

Going to chuck on part 2, now, and then probably jump Main Event Mafia my way on up to the first few months of the Bischoff/Hogan era. 

Nah, Doctor Who did it better in the 70's

maxresdefault.jpg

Scarlett Bordeuax has been granted her release from Impact. Pretty sure there was reports recently that they'd been paying her so badly she was still working another job and living with her mother. 

She's been one of their most over acts this year as well. 

Such a shame as she’s been pushed quite hard and has been consistently over as both a heel and babyface. I hope she turns up in a major North American promotion sooner rather than later.

Jaysus that's a pity. Was only watching TNA the other day and she is definitely a star personality and looks wise. Assume she's going to AEW, as WWE is a bit tame to be exploiting her T&A talents these days.

Was thinking about TNA on my walk yesterday after it came up on a pod. What is it for these days? It doesn't make money. It's a million miles from being what it was a decade ago. What's it worth now as content?

None of that is criticism, just general interest. From where they were, it seems crazy to be just another indy but that's what they are. I don't think they're pointless - they have value as a development environment but are they happy to spend money to be that?

9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Was thinking about TNA on my walk yesterday after it came up on a pod. What is it for these days? It doesn't make money. It's a million miles from being what it was a decade ago. What's it worth now as content?

None of that is criticism, just general interest. From where they were, it seems crazy to be just another indy but that's what they are. I don't think they're pointless - they have value as a development environment but are they happy to spend money to be that?

I was thinking something similar recently. More in the way of what/who are they in terms of identity.

They have some good talent like Cage, Elgin, LAX, Killer Kross, Moose, Lucha Bros, Tessa Blanchard.

And then youve got Disco Inferno wrestling women which wasnt interesting when he did it in WCW 22 years ago and 'ECW Originals' cutting about 9 years after TNA gave them an unnecessary and embarrassing send off show.

I find it to be a strange watch, especially when they cut to a match from a better period in the companys history which I assume is to advertise Impact Plus. Although the logo is covered/blurred on Channel 5.

4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Scarlett Bordeuax has been granted her release from Impact. Pretty sure there was reports recently that they'd been paying her so badly she was still working another job and living with her mother. 

Yeah, Killer Kross said as much on a recent podcast.
He wants out too but they have up until now refused his request.

10 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Was thinking about TNA on my walk yesterday after it came up on a pod. What is it for these days?

@garynysmon

I genuinely haven't watched any wrestling in months, not even All In. Probably tells you all you need to know!

Looking from the outside though, it seems that they started gaining some traction but then AEW came around and sucked out all the oxygen out of the room. I can't see much of a future above "super indy" level in all honesty, with the big two picking off everyone they like. Same can be said for ROH and MLW.

Edited by garynysmon

Are they even a “super Indy” at this point or just a regular Indy? Fight Club Pro in Wolverhampton has put on cards with more star power than a TNA show 

I'd be curious to see what their numbers are compared to ROH or MLW now and if either are doing better, ROH were surely bigger when they had that big deal with New Japan.

Some classic TNA last week. Halfway through the Michael Elgin and Willie Mack bout, some fuckers google chrome browser popped up. We're weeks away from seeing Bob Ryder having a wank in the production truck at this point.

kkUntitled.png.22562f068a897c3d6e49f2e33450c65b.png

They've got a deal with AXS TV. Home of the US airing of New Japan. More wrestling fans know the channel at least, and there wont be a google chrome browser popping up halfway through it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

52 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've got a deal with AXS TV. Home of the US airing of New Japan. More wrestling fans know the channel at least, and there wont be a google chrome browser popping up halfway through it.

That's a much better channel to be on I'd imagine. Hopefully it helps them grow a little from where they are. Good for them. TNA, the incurable disease.

I can picture Don Callis now, on the NJPW/TNA supershow in two years time, round the back of the building siphoning petrol out of the Japanese lads cars to fill up the mini bus to get his lads back to Nashville. Or Halifax, Nova Scotia. Live and kicking.