Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

I think Scott D'Amore will want to bring in Joe just to demonstrate what he's capable of with the right handling. He was on the brink last time around until Hogan, Bischoff and Russo turned up and drew that dick on his face. He could be their Lesnar in that he'd only need to wrestle a few times a year and can just kill some guys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Oh Hi Marks”

It was on youtube the other night with his gfs nipple pixilated out and it was hilarious.    I love 2020 RVD. Did I ever mention that he had me roll his joints for him once at Wales Comic Co

When everyone got released, I remember saying Heath was the one I was most intrigued to see outside of the WWE machine, because he's always seemed like a fun & creative guy but we've never really

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
57 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He could be their Lesnar in that he'd only need to wrestle a few times a year and can just kill some guys. 

Companies the size of TNA can’t have assets like Joe only wrestle a few times a year by choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

I wouldn’t agree with that personally.

Joe will always be linked with AEW as its fanbase seems to clamour for every single wrestler under the sun which has any upside to them. But AEW can hardly placate the roster it already has, especially its upper card. It'd be almost be a case of just signing him for that initial pop.

Chris Jericho has been quite open about being offered big money by Impact and would probably have signed had AEW not popped up that very moment. The Good Brothers will almost certainly be on very decent money.

They will open the purse strings under the right circumstances. This isn’t 2017 “not a pot to piss in” and late wages TNA.

That's a very optimistic viewpoint. 

If Joe is able to wrestle, I'd be shocked if AEW didn't sign him. Their roster is bloated, but he'd still add real value to it. Joe vs. Moxley, Joe vs. Jungle Boy, Joe vs. Miro, Joe vs. Page and Joe vs. Omega...I'd be buzzing for any of these pairings, and that's only scratching the surface of what he could do. 

You talk about Impact "not having a pot to piss in" in 2017, but even then they had Del Rio and Lashley (and possibly Drew Galloway?) - whatever the case, their list of World Champions since then is seriously underwhelming. Even now, their featured wrestlers are almost all people who would struggle to find a home elsewhere - outside of The Good Brothers (whose signing options would have been seriously dimished due to the pandemic), they've not really brought in anyone of note for a long time. 

I'm not trying to trash Impact - it's a fun watch, and it's Women's division is often light years ahead of what its rivals offer - I just can't imagine a circumstance where Joe ends up with Impact. The best they can hope for, in my opinion, is Andrade - which isn't a bad signing by any means.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 2021. Impact isn't the WWE alternative. AEW is. Impact is chugging along and doing its own thing but it's not like the days where Sting etc all went there because it was the main alternative they had.

Impact these days is better suited to a mid-card act that got let go and feels like they have something to prove. So they can go there, get some TV time and development, and hopefully things get better for them.

I feel like Joe is beyond that and it'd be a step backwards for him. And I don't think Andrade really needs that development or anything. You could easily throw him out there on AEW with the best and have fantastic matches.

It's not just about having an upside. It's about where they are and what they can do with them. If I was looking for somewhere to get a chance that I felt like I had missed before then I'd be looking at Impact. If I had many years of successes under my belt and I was still at the top of my game then I'd be looking at AEW as a better fit for showcasing my talents at that level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

And I don't think Andrade really needs that development or anything. You could easily throw him out there on AEW with the best and have fantastic matches.

I fully expected AEW to sign Andrade, but the fact they haven't is telling for me. I suppose you could argue that they don't really need him, and that's why I don't think Andrade to Impact is completely out of the question. AEW isn't short on great wrestlers, which is what Andrade has to offer. He's not a strong promo due to the language barrier, and while they could mitigate that by alligning him with a manager, I could see why Tony Khan might view him as more of what they already have - a great, smaller in ring wrestler. Joe, on the other hand, offers something quite unique. 

If I were Tony Khan, I'd happily ditch some of their dead weight to make room for someone of Andrade's stature. That doesn't seem to be Khan's style, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think everyone's wondered how Impact are benefitting from being shat on by Tony Khan most weeks.

Probably answers that question.

 

 

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 08.15.32.png

Edited by garynysmon
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I fully expected AEW to sign Andrade, but the fact they haven't is telling for me. I suppose you could argue that they don't really need him, and that's why I don't think Andrade to Impact is completely out of the question. AEW isn't short on great wrestlers, which is what Andrade has to offer. He's not a strong promo due to the language barrier, and while they could mitigate that by alligning him with a manager, I could see why Tony Khan might view him as more of what they already have - a great, smaller in ring wrestler. Joe, on the other hand, offers something quite unique. 

If I were Tony Khan, I'd happily ditch some of their dead weight to make room for someone of Andrade's stature. That doesn't seem to be Khan's style, though. 

I've been thinking since his release that Andrade is going to ROH. The possibility in my mind was that he could also turn up on the Cinco de Mayo episode of AEW. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
9 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I think everyone's wondered how Impact are benefitting from being shat on by Tony Khan most weeks.

Probably answers that question.

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 08.15.32.png

 

Amazing news this. Good for Impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

It's marvellous news. It's quietly been the best promotion in the world for the past couple of years. And I do hope they do well and hope they get back on TV here again as I've fucked my laptop and I can't be arsed getting some app to watch on my phone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Another decent episode. I can't help but feel like they're setting up Moose as the one to challenge Omega at Slammiversary, especially given who he looks to be up against in that 6 pack challenge at Dark Territory (assuming he beats James Storm, obviously). Unless they're popping Rich Swann in there as well. 

I really like Josh Alexander. I'm glad he's the X Division champion.

Will we get Taylor Wilde & Tenille Dashwood against Kimber Lee and Susan at some point? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...