• Paid Members

Looks like they've lost their TV deal as well, as I've just seen a post on Facebook saying the show is only available in the UK through the app now. It's no odds to me as my Sunday morning now consists of me catching up on Impact and Dynamite. I'll have to remember to start watching them in the opposite order now since Dynamite will be going out before impact. 

• Paid Members
On 3/24/2021 at 11:40 PM, garynysmon said:

Don't know about everyone else, but while the lack of crowd was pretty novel for a while, I feel its starting to hurt the show now.

It definitely hurts the show. I dont follow Impact but every now and then i I would stick the show on in the background or late at night. I just can't do it without the audience, its close to unwatchable for me. All wrestling suffers horribly without the audience but the Inpact stuff seems hit the worst.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Looks like they've lost their TV deal as well, as I've just seen a post on Facebook saying the show is only available in the UK through the app now. It's no odds to me as my Sunday morning now consists of me catching up on Impact and Dynamite. I'll have to remember to start watching them in the opposite order now since Dynamite will be going out before impact. 

Was pretty inevitable given how much of a crap Channel 5 gave about Impact, bouncing around somewhere between midnight and 2am on Friday nights, especially when they bought in the WWE shite highlight shows.

Hard to see where they could have an outlet on UK TV now though. It seemed for a period they were looking to set up Fight Network UK with those test broadcasts on Showcase, but that seems to have eased off. The Freesports deal dying a death which was a shame as it was in HD and at a decent time on Wednesday nights.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, AshC said:

Man, this is a shame, that slot on 5Star was actually ideal for lockdown insomniacs like myself. 😞

I'm not usually one to faff around with apps and casting and was happy enough watching Impact on Saturday mornings on Sky+, so yeah, its a pain in the arse.

(Honestly I never understood people paying to watch AEW on Fite when it was free on ITV4.)

@Egg ShenA few promotions have lasted a matter of weeks on Freesports, but none as of right now that I know of.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

(Honestly I never understood people paying to watch AEW on Fite when it was free on ITV4.)

For me it's about avoiding spoilers, and the ability to skip through the ad breaks (assuming you're not watching live). Makes the show a much breezier watch.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

£1 per week and knowing it’s there the next morning rather than waiting for ITV to put it on when they feel like it seems a fair deal. It’s hardly breaking the bank

• Paid Members

I hope with the app being the only way to watch impact in the UK they manage to fix it. I don't think I've been able to watch an episode on there without it buffering and/or resolution straight out of the dial-up era. I tried to install the app on my chromebook, but then had to watch it in a window the size of my phone's screen which rendered the whole operation null & void. Unless the buffering is to try and frustrate me into subscribing. An option to be able to download episodes would be handy. 

I'd love for when the pandemic is over that the swingman would come over here and do some shows. He would do autograph signings in your local town centre bookies before heading to the local sports centre for the local wrestling federation event and be as late as ever. He would then take over the gimmick table taking all the cheddar off the local boys where he would sell you the latest VHS tapes. Extra for being autographed. He would of course cop off with the promoters wife in the local Premier Inn. The promoter is such a mark tho he's sitting in the hotel room in the corner filming it marking out for the swing daddy put his wife over. Has also has a young boy in every local federation drive him everywhere and has to buy him Burger King from a service station in the hope the swingman teaches him something. 

Cannot wait for britwres booking imports again. 

• Paid Members

How safe was that table bump Havok & Nevaeh did in the 6 knockout tag match? 

It strikes me as weird that Matt Cardrona was wearing a fancy new jacket to the ring, then his "Z! A True Long Island Story" Internet Chanpion trunks. 

Eric Young's army of hosses is a nice idea. Doering and Rhino mowing through tag teams in pursuit of a shot at FinJuice could be good, or even just watching them have a wild brawl with XXXL. 

Was that vignette for the return of Taylor Wilde? 

Nice to see Chris Harris sticking around for the Swinger's Palace segment. That Beer Money line was good. 

It looks like the move to Thursday has closed the forbidden door as there was no Tony & Tony segment. 

That main event was decent.

I watched on my laptop through Impact's website rather than the app and it ran without any hitches or buffering. 

Did anybody watch Hardcore Justice? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Did anybody watch Hardcore Justice? 

Yes! Despite barely having ever watched any Impact ever, I happened to see a Tweet that it was a minute away from starting yesterday, and figured I'd give it a whirl, after having skimmed through some of the last episode.

I know he's someone who's outstayed his welcome almost everywhere, but I've really enjoyed Tommy Dreamer in the build to this show. The "Executive In Charge Of Wrestling" stuff is just the right side of stupid.

The show felt pleasingly full of stuff booked just to amuse the people in charge. We got Scott Hall's photo in a mystery crate, James Storm doing a pitch-perfect Vince McMahon "HE'S GONNA PUKE" and plenty of in-jokes around Dreamer.

I don't really care for half the people in the main event, but a team of Joe Doering and Rhino is Absolute Boy World Cup material for me.

Su Yung showing up was a best moment of the year candidate for me - they just pulled it off perfectly, so much so that I had to watch it back to see exactly how they did it, the continuity work was great. Compare that to half the stuff with The Fiend, or other WWE obvious pre-tapes where they rely on impossible camera angles and really jarring cuts, and it's night and day.