• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Ethan Page absolutely roasted Impact on the way out did he not? By all accounts called them shit, said they disrespected him with how dreadful the Karate Man skit final cut came out as. 

To the extent there was a part of me convinced it was a work and was staying after all. Complaining that his hokey Karate Man stuff had been edited to make him look stupid? The full version was hardly award winning I'm sure.

• Paid Members

Scott D'Amore ragging on the eye for an eye match was funny. 

Striker makes some stupid calls sometimes. "Is there anybody that can defeat this team?" Didn't they get eliminated from the knockout's tag title tournament? Yes? Well then there's somebody that can defeat them. 

• Paid Members

If NXT is moving to Tuesday nights in the states, it seems prudent that Impact should shift to Thursday.

Can't see any benefit from taking them on, especially when you throw AEW Dark into the mix.

Edited by garynysmon

Swingers Palace is such a neat little idea. I love it so much. On top of everything else, it actually benefits from how low rent it is.

The swinger sign falling down when he told his little mate to go to the office was so funny.

Genuinely looking forward to Sacrifice more than Revolution or Fast Lane, which is mad.

• Paid Members

I love how the AEW thread turns into a 10 page forensic analysis of every single segment on the show, yet you can sum up this one as: "Another great Johnny Swinger skit this week eh lads?"

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
On 3/3/2021 at 7:07 PM, garynysmon said:

If NXT is moving to Tuesday nights in the states, it seems prudent that Impact should shift to Thursday.

Can't see any benefit from taking them on, especially when you throw AEW Dark into the mix.

I didn't even think of the move from Monday to Tuesday. Is this just to try and claim that they're better than the other show? 

7 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I love how the AEW thread turns into a 10 page forensic analysis of every single segment on the show, yet you can sum up this one as: "Another great Johnny Swinger skit this week eh lads?"

To be fair, I love me some Impact but this weeks episode felt a bit inconsequential. 

I like the Ryder/Myers/Cardona stuff, I like the Violent By Design stuff. There’s nothing on the show I don’t like really.

My only worry is that there’s a lot of stuff going on between people who I’m not sure will have a great match. I don’t like TJP, particularly, and I’m not hugely excited for him vs Ace Austin. Finnjuice vs The Good Brothers does nothing for me really, and I don’t think the inevitable Cardona/Myers match can be anything more than a Superstars level match.

I think the show definitely suffered for not having Moose on it. He’s clearly the star.

I think what I like from my Impact is (as Big E would say) big meaty men slapping meat. So, more Black Taurus, Joe Doering, Moose, Jake Something, Josh Alexander and a couple of those fat tag team fuckers please.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think what I like from my Impact is (as Big E would say) big meaty men slapping meat. So, more Black Taurus, Joe Doering, Moose, Jake Something, Josh Alexander and a couple of those fat tag team fuckers please.

I do love how pretty much all of the roster actually look like wrestlers. Even lower mid card tag teams like Reno Scum and XXXL, they couldn't be anything else could they?

Edited by garynysmon

Don Callis is a evil genius  , intentionally sabotaged the ending of the Omega/Moxley. Callis was responsible for the underwhelming pyro and explosion spot at the end of the countdown.

Why, you might ask? To make AEW appear inferior to Impact Wrestling. What better way to counter Khan and Tony’s weekly segments on Impact that to sabotage the ending of the match and make Moxley, Khan, and the entire company look like a backyard wrestling promotion. Callis’ first loyalty is to Impact and his actions this weekend made that clear.

What is Callis’ angle? Is it simply to drive down AEW? Is there a greater plan to buyout or force a merger the two companies. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

AEW could do worst than having Moose/Omega span both shows as a feud.

I’m so fucking excited for World Champion Moose. 

I'd go with Swann going over on Saturday, losing the belt to Omega, only for Moose to regain it down the line and becoming Impact's megastar in the process by bringing the title "back home." 

Probably a scenario where all parties benefit to some extent.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Just thinking about the Kenny Omega vs Rich Swann / Moose match and how this pretty much screws Moose. He desperately needs that Impact title and is the best guy in the company right now and he really shouldn't be losing to Rich Swann. So, if he wins the title, he will then drop it a month later to Omega, cutting the legs off Moose. No way is Kenny dropping the title. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Just thinking about the Kenny Omega vs Rich Swann / Moose match and how this pretty much screws Moose. He desperately needs that Impact title and is the best guy in the company right now and he really shouldn't be losing to Rich Swann. So, if he wins the title, he will then drop it a month later to Omega, cutting the legs off Moose. No way is Kenny dropping the title. 

Agreed. Of all the scenarios, I think the one I mentioned above would work out for the best despite the short term setback of losing to Swann.

As much as I like Swann as a wrestler, he's no world champ and his whiny voice gets on my nerves if I'm honest.