• Paid Members

I really hope TNA don't continue on with the WWE jabs and hopefully the 'eye for an eye match' comment was a one off. Once they realised they are not competition and treated it as its own thing, TNA has really hit its stride. The AEW stuff concerned me that they would start losing the charm that Impact has, last thing i want is more insider references or jabs at other companies. 

The two Tonys skits have really run their course for me now. 

I really want Moose to run through Rich Swann in about 30 seconds, Moose is brilliant. 

What’s the deal with those Tony’s skits?

They just feel ridiculously mean spirited. Like, they just whack Impact and then everything moves on. There’s no real Impact/AEW feud to speak of, and no proper Impact talent get a look in on Dynamite.

I take this all back if Moose storms Dynamite, breaks Omega in half and leaves.

I’ve said it before, but I think Impact has the highest quota of wrestlers who could be actual main event wrestling stars.

If Impact assembled a team of Moose, Doering, Black Taurus, Jake Something and Josh Alexander to storm AEW, they’d make the AEW roster look like the proverbial ‘vanilla midgets’.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

What’s the deal with those Tony’s skits?

They just feel ridiculously mean spirited. Like, they just whack Impact and then everything moves on. There’s no real Impact/AEW feud to speak of, and no proper Impact talent get a look in on Dynamite.

I take this all back if Moose storms Dynamite, breaks Omega in half and leaves.

The problem is that AEW is live weekly, while Impact tapes in blocks. So in terms of actual interaction that fits neatly into what AEW are doing, you're pretty much stuck at them only being able to do it at the point that their schedules match up.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The problem is that AEW is live weekly, while Impact tapes in blocks. So in terms of actual interaction that fits neatly into what AEW are doing, you're pretty much stuck at them only being able to do it at the point that their schedules match up.

That's true.

There has to be more imaginative ways than these repetitive adverts though. The only good thing about empty arena tapings is that Tony Khan/Private Party showing up in Skyway was a genuine surprise when it was broadcast on TV weeks after the fact.

Anyone finding it somewhat suspect that there's been no general mention of Ethan Page whatsoever for several weeks now? Given he's a free agent (supposedly) I'd have thought he'd be WWE bound by now.

Edited by garynysmon

7 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Anyone finding it somewhat suspect that there's been no general mention of Ethan Page whatsoever for several weeks now? Given he's a free agent (supposedly) I'd have thought he'd be WWE bound by now.

Maybe he's taking a break from wrestling or has been told to keep his plans quiet? He's a man with size so WWE is the obvious choice, but don't count TNA or AEW out. 

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

AEW goes out live on a Wednesday. Then records next week's episode on the Thursday. AEW is only live once a fortnight

• Paid Members

Ethan Page absolutely roasted Impact on the way out did he not? By all accounts called them shit, said they disrespected him with how dreadful the Karate Man skit final cut came out as. 

He's very much doing to get lost in the shuffle anywhere he goes, sadly. Even his team with Josh Alexander I had more interest in an Alexander singles run as he looks like a Psycho.

Japan wouldn't be the worst shout for him. He'd do some good work in NOAH or AJPW for sure.

• Paid Members

Josh Alexander wrestles the way they should have gotten Swagger to wrestle in WWE. He's got that great strong amateur style. Would have loved to see him against somebody like Angle.