• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Oh wow, it really isn't. Again, it's a simple wrestling show that doesn't take itself too seriously. IE: Possibly the only thing watchable for me at the moment. It's not difficult to grasp.

the big lebowski opinion GIF

Is it that AEW takes itself a bit too seriously for your liking then? Impact have comedy skits and wrestlers, so does AEW. Do you honestly think Impact don’t take themselves seriously at all? I’d argue in terms of agenda they are much more like each other then comparing either to WWE. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

the big lebowski opinion GIF

Is it that AEW takes itself a bit too seriously for your liking then? Impact have comedy skits and wrestlers, so does AEW. Do you honestly think Impact don’t take themselves seriously at all? I’d argue in terms of agenda they are much more like each other then comparing either to WWE. 

When did I say that? Not too seriously isn't not seriously at all. Don't see why you just can't accept someone can enjoy impact and not give a fuck about AEW. Like I said, it's not a crazy concept.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

When did I say that? Not too seriously isn't not seriously at all. Don't see why you just can't accept someone can enjoy impact and not give a fuck about AEW. Like I said, it's not a crazy concept.

Fair enough. Horses for courses

• Paid Members

The thing about Impact (and I tend to watch most wrestling shows) is that it is just an easy watch. There's none of the snarkyness about it, it doesn't take itself seriously and proclaim to be a big player, its just a fun show. 

Comparing it to AEW isn't very fair, as impact isn't striving to be anything more than it is, getting in bed with AEW, while exciting at first, has just been half arsed. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Getting in bed with AEW, while exciting at first, has just been half arsed. 

I'd rather this than going full-on invasion with several AEW wrestlers spoling turning up on Impact though. 

If the extent of it is Private Party + Matt Hardy popping up one week and generating a surprise, while the rest of the show continues in a similar vein as before, then I'm more than OK with that.  That came out of nowhere and was pretty fun for what it was.

The novelty of having Kenny Omega wrestling on an Impact show was pretty interesting too, but I'm pretty sure that Shawn Spears will pop up soon.

What I'd hate is if they took out everything that makes Impact unique and fun and turned it into every other show.

Edited by garynysmon

28 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The novelty of having Kenny Omega wrestling on an Impact show was pretty interesting too, but I'm pretty sure that Shawn Spears will pop up soon.

That's my main concern. I don't want Impact to become a place for the shit AEW folk. Obviously Omega is top calibre but Matt Hardy is a real step down. I don't need to see him twice a week. It'll be interesting to see who makes the trip each way. I hope some of the Impact folk get a rub from a Dynamite appearance and not just the Good Brothers.

Got to be loving Moose at the moment. From watching him on independent shows here I wasn't overly impressed and wrote him off as another big guy from another sport looking for an easy payday and not being very good. However over the last year he has become a spectacle to watch in the Impact Zone. The entrance, how he carries himself as a star how he has massively improved his mic work doing backstage interviews and that performance at Hard to Kill showed  that he is a top guy in Impact Wrestling. I do hope he does go to AEW to go after Kenny Omega once he takes the Impact Wrestling World Championship from Rich Swann.

• Paid Members

The Two Tonys 'paid ads' have run their course for me now. Tony Khan is such a punchable prick with his flexing of his little arms (I get hes meant to be that way). It was funny to start with, now they are just annoying. Khan keeps saying he doesn't want to be an on screen character, but hes getting more and more involved, admittedly on Impact and not Dynamite. Makes you wonder whether his ego will eventually get him on screen full time, we have seen it time and time again.

The only thing I took from that ad, was that Dolph Zigglers shittier brother has now got a gig with AEW. He looks like a grown up Joffrey Baratheon.

• Moderators

Impact was lit! Loved the Fire and Flava festival almost as much as I love the team. Also, Swing Man.

They're just two of my exes. Don't worry about them - They live in Texas.

Edited by PowerButchi

@PowerButchi's enthusiasm for Impact actually made me want to give the show another chance, and, Matt Striker aside, I thought it was a really easy watch. 

Every time I watch Impact, the strength of the Women's Division stands out. Given the relationship AEW has with Impact, I'm amazed that no talent sharing has gone on here. I don't think it's a stretch to say that an argument could be made to say that Impact has assembled the strongest Women's Division throughout all of US wrestling. Not only are the wrestlers good in ring, they're great characters too. 

I've no idea who Cousin Jake is, but his match with Joe Doering was about as fun a five(ish) minute big man match as you'll see. Doering is a real throwback and I'd like to see more of him. 

I had no idea that Tommy Dreamer was still wrestling, but the idea of a Swann/Dreamer match, should it happen, is so bizarre that I absolutely love it.

Trey Miguel and Chris Bey consistently impress me, and it's fun to see Willie Mack again too. I always enjoyed him on Lucha Underground. 

Overall it was a fun watch and I'll probably try it again next week. 

• Paid Members

Impact isn't too bad of a watch. I've been watching it alongside dynamite just to see how the "invasion" / crossover has been going. 

Impact might be my favourite top to bottom Wrestling show at the minute.

They might not be capable of the same high’s as AEW or WWE, but they’ve also got far fewer flaws.

It’s a competent wrestling show, with well fleshed out characters and it’s pretty clear where everyone stands in the pecking order.

They bookmarked the show with segments that basically said ‘hey, these are our main players and they’re going to fight because they want to be world champion some day’. I liked it. And I bloody love old man Shamrock.

Everything Impact does seems to have purpose, every match/segment has an easily accessible, logical story. 

I’d also say that, compared to AEW, Impact has a higher concentration of people that actually look like wrestlers.

Good stuff.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’d also say that, compared to AEW, Impact has a higher concentration of people that actually look like wrestlers.

That always strikes me when I see their clips. Makes the decision to have a midget as World Champion all the more odd.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That always strikes me when I see their clips. Makes the decision to have a midget as World Champion all the more odd.

"All my life I wanted to be a world heavyweight champion." 

It'd help if he was a heavyweight...