• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Oh Hi Marks”

It was on youtube the other night with his gfs nipple pixilated out and it was hilarious.    I love 2020 RVD. Did I ever mention that he had me roll his joints for him once at Wales Comic Co

When everyone got released, I remember saying Heath was the one I was most intrigued to see outside of the WWE machine, because he's always seemed like a fun & creative guy but we've never really

Posted Images

• Paid Members
On 1/13/2021 at 3:37 PM, BrodyGraham said:

I really enjoyed Striker in Lucha Underground, well the first season anyway. I thought he did a really good job of calling the action and putting over stories, sometimes essentially by himself because whilst Vampire could sometimes be wildly (intentionally?) entertaining, as often as not he'd be a fucking hindrance.

I enjoyed Striker in LU too. I think Vampiro being so fucking weird and over the top forced him to tone it down.

Sometimes he couldn't fucking stop himself from being an absolute twerp though: "Mack just hit the sit down one armed reverse jaw breaker otherwise known as a Stunner!" 

I don't foresee Moose being the third man come bell time either, I'm thinking either Moose and Swann get into a confrontation pre match and Moose walks off, Kenny and the Good Brothers take Moose out backstage to make it 3 v 2 on Swann and Sabin or a mystery man takes out Moose and come bell time reveals himself as Moxley

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

There’s no way on earth anyone is putting Moxley in the main event of their PPV and not advertising it.

I know they've turned over a new leaf so to speak but it's absolutely the most TNA/Impact thing to do surely.

8 hours ago, simonworden said:

I know they've turned over a new leaf so to speak but it's absolutely the most TNA/Impact thing to do surely.

And probably the least Tony thing to do so I'd hope with his involvement nothing that stupid would ever happen.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Supremo said:

Moose instead of Shelley, with Striker at the desk? My enthusiasm for watching this has plummeted since it was announced.

Don't watch it then. Although, you are right. Striker is definitely a downgrade on Matthews.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members

I probably won’t bother. I really wanted Omega’s involvement to turn me on to Impact but it only took two weeks before I decided to just seek out the highlights on Twitter, and now I don’t even do that. Such a shame Impact didn’t capitalise on the initial buzz at all.

• Moderators

Yeah, the invasion isn't working for me either. AEW's reminding me of Poochie at the moment. Hopefully something goes wrong and they stop working together.

• Paid Members

When it started I remember the talk was about how lopsided it felt, with no-one really understanding what AEW had to gain compared to Impact. In retrospect though, it almost feels like Impact has got the shittier end of the deal.

AEW got to use Anderson and Gallows like they had planned from the very first episode of Dynamite. It also allowed them to bring in Callis as a full-time character, who’s complimented Omega’s act tremendously and proved himself to be one of the best promos going today.

With Impact, not only has the use of Omega not really added anything but from reading this thread it feels like Impact fans don’t even want AEW involved. The two Tonys slagging off the show every week probably doesn’t help that, either.

Who knows, maybe the PPV will pop a huge number, or maybe things will heat up and it’ll pay off for both companies in the end, but right now it isn’t working and I wouldn’t blame Impact fans for just wanting the whole thing to end.

I know quite a few loyal Impact fans who just don't really give a shit about all of this. And I think I'd probably be on that side if I was a regular viewer.

It's a shame as there's definitely potential but I'm not quite sure it's working at the moment.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Supremo said:

When it started I remember the talk was about how lopsided it felt, with no-one really understanding what AEW had to gain compared to Impact. In retrospect though, it almost feels like Impact has got the shittier end of the deal.

AEW got to use Anderson and Gallows like they had planned from the very first episode of Dynamite. It also allowed them to bring in Callis as a full-time character, who’s complimented Omega’s act tremendously and proved himself to be one of the best promos going today.

Exactly this.

Since the initial angle there's been no doubt that Dynamite has been more of a 'must watch' show than Impact as stuff has actually happened on that. 

Whereas all we've had on the other side is six weeks of pre-taped segments involving Omega mainly sat in a bus and Tony Khan ripping the company to bits.

Now clearly what's hurting Impact the most is how it tapes its shows. I'm not knocking that in the basis that its the smallest wrestling company by far that's been taping all through the pandemic, so it makes sense to keep actual contact to a minimum and to tape as infrequently as possible.

That said, it isn't exactly conducive to a spontaneous weekly show in that inserting a few clips clearly taped seperately to the rest of the show isn't the same at all.

On the bright side, this weekend also sparks a brand new set of tapings so I'm expecting better things going forward.

I can still understand the benefits for Impact from this though. The company has been cast away on an island of its own while ROH and even the NWA buddy up with their bigger mates. 

If you're going to babyface yourself with any set of fans, then the smart move is AEW. Although their online presence can be annoying (like TNA's superfans definately are), they are loyal and will spend on the product. Even a small percentage buying this PPV guarantees a better buyrate than usual.

Its clear that getting rid of Josh Matthews from the booth was also a move to babyface the company. You only have to look at Twitter to see just how many people hate his work and claimed they refused to watch on that basis alone. 

So in a nutshell, from an Impact POV its been underwhelming so far but things have to ramp up from this set of tapings.

25 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having just watched Dynamite, The Young Bucks are going to win the Impact tag titles at some point aren't they?

I'd love it if people were worried about Kenny and the Bucks etc booking themselves into all the titles in AEW, only for them to not only do exactly that but in Impact too.