4 hours ago, Chili said:

Good job Striker has the baton passed to him then. He was really cack in 2011 or whatever, did he ever get better or did he get worse than saying 'I'M MARKING OUT' and getting proper rightly rinsed for it.

Lawler couldn't stand the sight of him could he.

I’m not sure any of them could. I seem to remember that spell when they did multi-brand matches like a Royal Rumble or MITB and had every commentator from the two or three shows calling the match at the same time. Striker would say something stupid, and the rest of them would rinse him for the next 10 minutes. 

Heard him doing some boxing the other week, which was a bit weird. Seems to still have the same style I’d say. 

• Paid Members

Only way Moose could work is him wanting to prove himself as the face of Impact going in line with how he's been the real world champion for a while to stand up to Kenny trying to come in and steal his spotlight.

It does mean I'd expect Sabin to take the fall after Moose gets rid of Swann in frustration at him but interesting to see how they spin it.

• Paid Members
On 1/13/2021 at 3:37 PM, BrodyGraham said:

I really enjoyed Striker in Lucha Underground, well the first season anyway. I thought he did a really good job of calling the action and putting over stories, sometimes essentially by himself because whilst Vampire could sometimes be wildly (intentionally?) entertaining, as often as not he'd be a fucking hindrance.

I enjoyed Striker in LU too. I think Vampiro being so fucking weird and over the top forced him to tone it down.

Sometimes he couldn't fucking stop himself from being an absolute twerp though: "Mack just hit the sit down one armed reverse jaw breaker otherwise known as a Stunner!" 

I don't foresee Moose being the third man come bell time either, I'm thinking either Moose and Swann get into a confrontation pre match and Moose walks off, Kenny and the Good Brothers take Moose out backstage to make it 3 v 2 on Swann and Sabin or a mystery man takes out Moose and come bell time reveals himself as Moxley

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Supremo said:

Moose instead of Shelley, with Striker at the desk? My enthusiasm for watching this has plummeted since it was announced.

Don't watch it then. Although, you are right. Striker is definitely a downgrade on Matthews.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I probably won’t bother. I really wanted Omega’s involvement to turn me on to Impact but it only took two weeks before I decided to just seek out the highlights on Twitter, and now I don’t even do that. Such a shame Impact didn’t capitalise on the initial buzz at all.

• Paid Members

When it started I remember the talk was about how lopsided it felt, with no-one really understanding what AEW had to gain compared to Impact. In retrospect though, it almost feels like Impact has got the shittier end of the deal.

AEW got to use Anderson and Gallows like they had planned from the very first episode of Dynamite. It also allowed them to bring in Callis as a full-time character, who’s complimented Omega’s act tremendously and proved himself to be one of the best promos going today.

With Impact, not only has the use of Omega not really added anything but from reading this thread it feels like Impact fans don’t even want AEW involved. The two Tonys slagging off the show every week probably doesn’t help that, either.

Who knows, maybe the PPV will pop a huge number, or maybe things will heat up and it’ll pay off for both companies in the end, but right now it isn’t working and I wouldn’t blame Impact fans for just wanting the whole thing to end.