• Paid Members

I'm just watching this week's episode. Do they still have Dave Sahadi doing their video packages? That opening one was decent. 

• Paid Members

Impact's video packages have always been pretty awesome. In recent years ive always found a bit of a disconnect from watching great video packages before cutting to the actual cheapy looking production on the show.

Related, but why does Impact's ring sound so bad?

• Paid Members

I think it's the acoustics of the studio they're in. It's fit a weird feel. Like in WWE it's odd watching some of the roster cutting in ring promos like there's a crowd present, while others know it's only for TV and so speak to the camera. I've not watched in years and in some situations am not entirely sure who's heel or face. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm just watching this week's episode. Do they still have Dave Sahadi doing their video packages? That opening one was decent. 

Yeah, Dave Sahadi's been back full time ever since AEW nicked Kevin Sullivan.

They've been saying all along that they haven't had any extras planted in the crowd as they need all of the roster for pre-tapes etc. Given the size of the operation I can kind of understand that, seeing as they have to wring out weeks of TV and social media stuff from 2-3 days filming.

That said, if they can use indy guys for 'security' such as the Moose segment this week, even having 5-6 of them making a little noise at ringside and reacting to bumps etc is miles better than the radio silence.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

It is, and feels more organic than piping crowd noise in with that Thunderdome whatever they're doing in WWE. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Not only could I do without seeing these two squaring off again, I really despise barbed wire matches and excessive violence. Pointless.

135769470_10158764003176026_263842848470

Sami is the main reason I’ve not been able to watch Impact again. Don’t think I’ve ever hated a wrestler more then him and I just can’t bring myself to watch knowing he’s such a focus point on it

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ve just jumped in to this thread and already slightly put off by the barbed wire stuff...

Been watching for years and even I'm put off by the barbed wire stuff....

That said, I find it pretty enjoyable on the whole and an easy enough 90 minute watch. The silent and empty studio setting will take some getting used to if your exposure is WWE/AEW though.

The undercard storylines tend to be more gimmicky/outlandish and a bit attitude era compared to most modern promotions. Personally I like that, given that the modern way is to take your product very seriously, but depends what you're into. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think it's been long enough to say that I'll never understand Eddie Edwards as a main event star. I've tried. I mostly enjoyed him as a tag team person but that was about it.

Dependable guy to have around and a company man, but yeah, upper midcard at best for me.

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to watch it in full, so just queued all the highlights videos from the official YouTube page and watched those.

Studio set up didn’t bother me, if anything it made it feel like a throwback just for-TV local area US wrestling broadcast.

My favourite moment was Shamrock popping up as I had no idea Shamrock was with Impact and he’s great.

There was some fun stuff there. I’ll keep watching, even if I have to do it the YouTube way.

My initial impressions were Jazz is fantastic, the women’s title promo segment was good, Tommy Dreamer is garbage, Rich Swann is a good promo, Kenny Omega is a proper throwback star, Sami Callahan can piss off. 

A good rule in wrestling is if you have to keep pulling your trousers up, you’re probably shit.

Is the only way to watch Hard to Kill on FITE for 20 quid? Probably skip that tbh 🤣

*edit* just downloaded the Impact Plus app to see what it was all about. Looks like last nights show has been uploaded in full there. Is that a regular thing? That’s pretty cool.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

If you had 20 Eddie Edwards wrestling for you, running a promotion would be the easiest job in the world, but he's not a guy you can build around, all of his world title reigns have been believable, well worked scenarios, but you could never run with him as THE guy. He's done enough at this stage that he deserves a decent contract somewhere though.