Do we think Hogan didn't want his face turn eclipsed by Bobby Roode becoming the most fucking popular face in TNA history, if only for a week? I reckon the roof would have come off the place if he'd won.

• Paid Members
There was a bit of talk that the original plan was for Roode to win, but Hogan changed the plan a couple of weeks before. Hogan didn't think Roode was any good, as a face, and was well impressed with Storm when he had a belter of a match with Angle on Impact (turns out it was one of those excellent Angle carry jobs). TNA then decided to put the focus on Storm, as their new top babyface, which they went and buggered up.

Well, Hogan said that on Bubba the Love Sponge during the run-up to Bound for Glory didn't he? I'd take that with a pinch of salt to be honest.

• Paid Members

Whether it's true or not, I don't know. But that was the talk/rumour doing the rounds when the Roode thing happened.

As I stated, it worked out for Roode, in the end. You just need to look at the balls-up they made of James Storm to see how bad it could have got for him.

• Paid Members

They were never outshining Hogan and Sting. If it was Austin or John Cena in the main event, then fair enough. But Roode and Angle weren't going to out pop Hogan and Sting to that Philladelphia crowd. The crowd were flat for the main event as it was, and the match itself wasn't very good. Nobody knew what Bobby Roode's finisher was and Kurt Angle had a torn hamstring. The previous match had Hogan, Sting, Flair, Bischoff, Steiner, Bully Ray and all that lot doing their routines during that match. That shit is gold for the ticket buyer. Especially in a super fan town like Philladelphia.

• Paid Members

This is from Lordsofpain (so take it for it's worth)

- We noted earlier that WWE has contacted a number of arenas to secure dates and will likely be using some of their non-compete clauses to prevent TNA from running those arenas with the new Impact Wrestling tapings schedule. WWE has booked a number of mid-size arenas including the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia, the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, and the First Bank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. WWE will be running those buildings in their markets instead of the major arenas they usually run in.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Update...ZK6w63dZz3Qd.99

More locations announced on last nights Bellator on Spike.

- March 28 in Jonesboro, Arkansas at the ASU Convocation Center

- April 11 in Corpus Christi, Texas at the American Bank Center

- June 6 in Duluth, Georgia at the Gwinnett Center

So we are officially getting double iMPACT tapings, which is a smart move. All shows still down south though, be interesting to see when they make the move.

• Paid Members
- We noted earlier that WWE has contacted a number of arenas to secure dates and will likely be using some of their non-compete clauses to prevent TNA from running those arenas with the new Impact Wrestling tapings schedule. WWE has booked a number of mid-size arenas including the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia, the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, and the First Bank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. WWE will be running those buildings in their markets instead of the major arenas they usually run in.

If true, I think that's pathetic.

I think the first set of tapings are in Chicago so they're not all in the south. When I saw that Dixie had said that every show would be live I didn't think that wouldn't be the smartest of moves, walk before you run eh.

I was wondering, is there any news on tapings out of the impact zone resulting in less/no house shows? They will be targetting the towns they used to visit for the untelevised events so it's effectively killing demand for a house show, strange as TNA could potentially just run 30 shows a year to get their TV/PPV's done and make money from ticket sales/merch at the tapings opposed to having to do the Friday/Saturday/Sunday loop that I think they've been doing for a while.

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Paid Members

Not a fan of the guy, but he's seemingly popular. So good news that Jeff Hardy's signed a new long-term contract?

As regards to taping in the South, i'm not sure that part of the country ever really embraced WWE after WCW shut down. But yet again, i'm not sure they'll embrace TNA either.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

If true, I think that's pathetic.

It’s easier for a company like WWE to run smaller-sized arenas than they’re used to and pay a bit more for exclusivity, than for TNA to book larger arenas than they were intending to with the pressure of then filling them.

However, I wonder how the WWE tapings will come across on TV in smaller arenas. Will it be noticeable?

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Yeah, the Manchester shows have really changed my opinion on Aces and Eights as they came over as total pricks. Hopefully we'll see some decent storyline progression

Not sure if this is an idea or not, but is there any scope for changing this into the all-purpose TNA Thread?

Edited by garynysmon

It's been a very difficult angle to simulate in the Impact Zone and that has been one of the major factors making the angle come off so badly. With an actual crowd and arena it makes it feel more realistic. Another props to TNA I'd like to mention is how bad-ass Devon is looking nowadays. I'm one of those fans who like wrestlers looking tough and Devon looks tough as nails these days.