Haha stupid phone 😂 this place for the nwa ppv is unlike anything I’ve seen for a wrestling show it’s like a giant greenhouse almost glass windows and walls you can see from the ring all outside it’s filling up nicely there’s quite a lot of people here who are going to homecoming tomorrow we’ve bumped into 2 people from the original heel section from the asylum they are hoping to have the whole group back together tomorrow and are aiming for there old spots 

be interesting to see how this comes across on the iPpv it’s stikl day light here it will look just like an outdoor show 

Decent enough show I thought, solid without being spectacular. The problem is that they need big hits to even cause a ripple in the wrestling industry these days.

Thought the arena was just about perfect for Impact, in terms of size. Much better than the weekly product which sounds like a fucking morgue most weeks. No matter how good the wrestling or storylines are, if the crowd sounds bored then I can't get into it either.

Was very disappointed at the lack of old school returns though. They go back to the Asylum for the last time and don't bring back anyone from that era? Baffling.

Edited by garynysmon

Agree, that LAX vs Lucha Bros match was excellent. The biggest accolade I can give that show is that I wasn't tempted to skip hardly anything while working (ahem) from home today.

A longshot it may be, but I wonder if there's any chance of a one off or short Kenny Omega run before AEW launches? It was impossible while he was under New Japan contract of course, but after that expires its less remote than it was.

Any apperance would be almost all down to his relationship with Don Callis of course, but you never know. 

14 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He 100% did

I'd say it was more of a 33.33% chance.

Edited by garynysmon

Love Scotty, but he's getting dangerously close to the Hogan Zone of being a big bunch of skin with vaguely recognisable facial hair and sunglasses attached to it. 

Twas a good PPV. That tag match was spectacular! One of the better Lucha Bros matches I've seen. I really liked the look of the show as well. Thought the graphics, ring apron and general throwback TNA feel were spot on.

I can't help but think Cage and Tessa would be better champs going forward than Mr and Mrs Mundo though......

An excellent start to the year for Impact (I hope some people actually saw it!). All the major players were focused on and a clear direction of several new feuds were put in place. When you see the roster all together on a show like this you realize how strong it is. If they could just get a thousand more into an arena to watch it on a regular basis. A few more years of consistent PPV's and TV like this and fingers crossed....

Just to be clear, Steiner returned purely to get a lapdance from Scarlett Bordeaux. He is the fucking man.

I'm sure there's some kind of irony that things are really looking up for Impact and now we get all this uncertainty over AEW.

I enjoyed Homecoming and the subsequent episode of Impact and like the direction they're heading.

Financials, as always, is the main issue though. I can't say I'm exactly relaxed to see them basically begging the fanbase to take out a paid or amazon prime subscription to the new Twitch channel and fear this is just a way of making up the meagre revenue they were getting from Pop TV.  I'd hazard a guess they aren't getting much, if anything from Pursuit if that's the case.