Twas a good PPV. That tag match was spectacular! One of the better Lucha Bros matches I've seen. I really liked the look of the show as well. Thought the graphics, ring apron and general throwback TNA feel were spot on.

I can't help but think Cage and Tessa would be better champs going forward than Mr and Mrs Mundo though......

An excellent start to the year for Impact (I hope some people actually saw it!). All the major players were focused on and a clear direction of several new feuds were put in place. When you see the roster all together on a show like this you realize how strong it is. If they could just get a thousand more into an arena to watch it on a regular basis. A few more years of consistent PPV's and TV like this and fingers crossed....

Just to be clear, Steiner returned purely to get a lapdance from Scarlett Bordeaux. He is the fucking man.

• Paid Members

I'm sure there's some kind of irony that things are really looking up for Impact and now we get all this uncertainty over AEW.

I enjoyed Homecoming and the subsequent episode of Impact and like the direction they're heading.

Financials, as always, is the main issue though. I can't say I'm exactly relaxed to see them basically begging the fanbase to take out a paid or amazon prime subscription to the new Twitch channel and fear this is just a way of making up the meagre revenue they were getting from Pop TV.  I'd hazard a guess they aren't getting much, if anything from Pursuit if that's the case.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Apparently the ratings are so low for Impact they're impossible to get hold of. This promotion is barely existing at the minute. Makes you wonder how long they'll go with it.

Every time this thread is top of the page I'm in shock that it still exists and even more that it's worth talking about. Is Jarrett still champion?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Apparently the ratings are so low for Impact they're impossible to get hold of. 

Can't say that I'm shocked. The network they're on has as much prominence as some of the religious channels on Sky.

Mind you, I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere. With the Fight Network losing UFC rights soon, its even more imperative that Impact stays on their channels which are currently in the process of being expanded to more countries.

I lost a lot of interest last year, but the first episode of the year (which ironically no fucker saw) and the Homecoming PPV were great.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Stumbled across the thread on Slammiversary 2012. https://ukff.com/topic/130484-tna-slammiversary-2012

Astonishing to see the UKFF so positive about a TNA show. Even I was. I raved about an Abyss match too. I must have been on drugs. It's a cool read.

I thought this was so good, it prompted my only email to powerslam, which was printed...