• Paid Members

Abyss and Dutt definitely feel like Borash picking his team to work under Triple H with. No chance WWE are bringing in Abyss a decade after it would have been worthwhile for an actual in-ring run, though I expect there'll still be plenty of spods on Twitter predicting a Wrestlemania match with The Undertaker.

EDIT: Well, that was awkward timing.

Edited by BomberPat

12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Accepting Abyss' long tenue, I could name a dozen names on the roster that would be a bigger loss to the company than these two. Abyss offers nothing in the ring any more.

This has all the hallmarks of a Borash inspired talent grab or the WWE fucking with Impact. 

Hardly a stick to knock the company with.

I'm not knocking them for Abyss leaving. He's been pointless on screen for the company for years.  Although it could say a lot considering how loyal he has been to them over the years, turning down offers that he now decides its time to accept one... 

I was knocking them for Tommy Dreamer being added to creative. 

Edited by midlandsfirst

Always reckoned Abyss was awful looking and shite, only run i'd fancy off him is seeing him run out the fire exit and into a job centre. I don't reckon there's a single Undertaker match from Abyss' prime i'd rather see him in than whoever Undertaker was facing at the time, either. He always reminded me of a packet of Benny Hedges come to life. Total, total balls.

I don't know loads about Sonjay but he at least had that CZW match where he wrestled in a pair of Timberlands and moonsault stomped directly onto M Dogg 20's neck. 

• Paid Members

I'll miss his Joseph Park character but his outing at Homecoming made it painfully obvious that his days as an active wrestler are truly behind him. I have no idea what he offered creatively but Borash must rate him.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Fucking AEW...

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/01/backstage-news-on-impact-almost-signing-chris-jericho-and-650170/?fbclid=IwAR2TmoNUMDTxUZDNUHAnKhG7e8cGKOd3SqWwONH98JNflfZipG4pgi7MYeI

Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega almost ended up signing with Impact Wrestling, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.  

Impact Co-Executive Vice President Don Callis, who is good friends with Jericho, was reportedly very close to signing Jericho and Omega to contracts before All Elite Wrestling brought their offers to the table.  Jericho recently revealed that his AEW contract is the best deal of his pro wrestling career.

Omega is expected to sign with AEW once his New Japan Pro Wrestling contract expires on January 31, however his signing has not been confirmed.  

The Observer notes that before AEW was the plan, the idea was for Omega to keep working for NJPW and then do 30 dates per year for Impact. Jericho would have worked for Impact while working another year for NJPW since he would have had so much input on his creative plans. Jericho recently confirmed that he will continue to work with NJPW in the future.