• Paid Members
5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Stumbled across the thread on Slammiversary 2012. https://ukff.com/topic/130484-tna-slammiversary-2012

Astonishing to see the UKFF so positive about a TNA show. Even I was. I raved about an Abyss match too. I must have been on drugs. It's a cool read.

It was their best show since 2005 IMO.  The Tag Title bout is one of my favourite ever TNA matches, and the Joe against Aires opener was brilliant.  

• Paid Members

Tried to watch Impact over the weekend but didn't last long. The show has a horrendous feel to it. It's hideously dark and sounds like there are about 7 people in the crowd. They then persist with a "stage" and a "ramp" both of which are tiny and that tiny feeling is exacerbated by them booking beat downs repeatedly on the "ramp" where a guy like Brian Cage makes it look like a chirldren's play zone.

Killer Kross is a different looking dude but his elbow shots made Sid look threatening. Hanging him around with Moose isn't doing anything for him. Then Eli Drake comes out. The least charismatic guy ever to be put across as charismatic. He makes EC3 look like Superstar Billy Graham. I tapped out at that point.

I've genuinely no idea why they bother.

Do Anthem make any money via Impact as a wrestling company and/or the gwn streaming service to make this worth their while? If not they must be thinking of offloading it soon.

On a side note I'd quite like the archive to end up on the wwe network but no doubt they'd edit out the rip off theme music's such as Christian, Raven etc. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:45 PM, PunkStep said:

And Abyss just had a Monster's Ball match.

Oh, hang on a minute...

And Abyss just left along with Sonjay Dutt. 

Impact Wrestling Hall of Famer Abyss and Sonjay Dutt have both exited Impact Wrestling, PWInsider has confirmed. 

The belief among multiple sources is that they are each WWE bound and will be working for WWE shortly.  Impact Wrestling informed their roster of the departures in an email that wished each of them well.

Impact sources have described the departure as amicable for each, categorizing the company as not wanting to hold back either of them from great opportunities that they were offered.

Abyss had been working behind the scenes as a producer for the company.  He was the longest tenured performer in company history, having started there in 2002.  He had been with the promotion the entire time, with the exception of a short period where he exited as he was not under contract, before signing a new one and returning.

Dutt had been very involved in the creative side of impact, working with Don Callis, Scott D'Amore and Jimmy Jacobs.  

PWInsider has confirmed that Konnan and Tommy Dreamer have been added to the Impact creative team as a result of Dutt's departure.

For fucks sake... This company... 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, midlandsfirst said:

For fucks sake... This company... 

Accepting Abyss' long tenue, I could name a dozen names on the roster that would be a bigger loss to the company than these two. Abyss offers nothing in the ring any more.

This has all the hallmarks of a Borash inspired talent grab or the WWE fucking with Impact. 

Hardly a stick to knock the company with.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Is it possible both could be going onto producer/trainer roles within WWE?

Abyss, for all his hardcore stuff and the gimmick matches was always a fairly good big man at the time, who could probably teach a thing or two to some of the NXT classes about how to work the big man style well without wearing the body out too easily.

Dutt would be ideal to work/produce 205 Live, I don't know if it has its own stand alone producers, but for someone who built a career on much more the WWE style of cruiserweight than the indy style of breaking your neck on every attempt, he'd be a good guy to have around, considering how young a lot of the roster is.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, midlandsfirst said:

Impact Wrestling Hall of Famer Abyss and Sonjay Dutt have both exited Impact Wrestling, PWInsider has confirmed. 

The belief among multiple sources is that they are each WWE bound and will be working for WWE shortly.  Impact Wrestling informed their roster of the departures in an email that wished each of them well.

Abyss in WWE! Good heavens.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Abyss leaving is surely the last bit of the old TNA gone. Borash, Tenay and Abyss were the ones you'd always imagine would be around forever.

Borash was the main one. Always thought he’d be the one last out of the door.

• Paid Members

If Abyss is gone, will they still keep on Joseph Park? Unlike Abyss & Dutt, Park is still listed on the roster on Impact's website.