7 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I genuinely think that the roster of Impact other than Cody, Jericho, Young Bucks, Lucha Bros, Omega and Moxley is far better than the roster of AEW.

AEW should be hoovering up a lot of the Impact guys and be giving jobs to D'Amore and Callis.

Fair point 

But you’ve just named 8 AEW roster members who are stars.

Impact have 0

• Paid Members

I'm sure all the critics would be well onboard with them becoming TNA. Can't possibly go wrong.

That Kross fella looks the business. The rest is much of a muchness. I've always liked Cage but he's been everywhere. There's nothing fresh there.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That Kross fella looks the business. The rest is much of a muchness. I've always liked Cage but he's been everywhere. There's nothing fresh there.

I could see Kross being one of Jerichos partners at All Out, Im sure ive read something about his Impact contract being up soon/already done.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Fair point 

But you’ve just named 8 AEW roster members who are stars.

Impact have 0

I feel it's not just stars you need though you need solid talent from top to bottom and I feel AEW are very thin on the ground at the moment for a company who are going to have 2 hours of TV a week to fill and also have utter shite like Jimmy Havoc on display. Add Brian Cage, Johnny Nitro/Mundo/Impact, Cody Deaner, Michael Elgin, Killer Cross, Madman Fulton, Rich Swann, The Rascalz, Taya, Rosemary, Jordynne Grace, Tessa Blanchard & Scarlett Bordeaux. The majority of those guys also have little to no "TNA stink" and are wasted being on a weekly show practically nobody sees. I'm not a big fan of oVe as a whole but they're an instant faction ready to feud with The Elite if needed also.

• Paid Members

AEW's roster is fine.

If you break it down into pseudo-divisions/card positions, you've got something like this;

Main Event: Chris Jericho, Cody, Kenny Omega, Dustin Rhodes, Jon Moxley

Upper Card: Hangman Page, Shawn Spears, MJF

"Hardcore": Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc, Darby Allin

Midcard: Marko Stunt, Sonny Kiss, Sammy Guevera, Kip Sabian, Brandon Cutler, Michael Nakazawa, Peter Avalon

Women's: Brandi, Britt Baker, Penelope Ford, Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki, Kylie Rae, Nyla Rose, Bea Priestley, Allie, Hikaru Shida, Leva Bates, Awesome Kong, Sadie Gibbs

Tag: Young Bucks, SCU, Lucha Bros, Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus, Best Friends, Strong Hearts, Private Party, Angelico & Jack Evans, The Dark Order

That's probably forgetting some, and it's not counting people who so far have only shown up as part of the Battle Royal at Double Or Nothing but could conceivably pop up again. Several of those tag teams could easily also function as singles wrestlers, and then you have the likes of Billy Gunn who are then on non-wrestling contracts but could step into the ring if necessary. Throw in anyone else they're likely to bring in through working relationships with OWE and AAA, and whatever formal relationships they might have in Japan and the UK, plus the possibility of PAC eventually showing up, and I expect they'll have a Luger-like big name surprise for the debut TV show.

While there's people in TNA I wouldn't mind seeing in AEW - the Rascalz would be a welcome addition to the tag division, and Jordynne Grace could have some great matches against some of the women in AEW - there's not really anyone there I could see being a difference maker, or much more than another face in the crowd. AEW have a fair share of problems, but I don't think roster depth is going to be one of them, not by a long shot.

• Paid Members

I agree with @BomberPat, that's what I meant by much of a muchness. Don't love everyone and the "midcard" section of Pat's list has several shitarses in it but they're stacked with good tags who more than make up for it. Just don't see anyone on that TNA list bar Kross who'd make one jot of difference except maybe to freshen things up in a few months' time. Fair play to @Jonny Vegas though, at least he didn't mention fucking Moose.

• Paid Members

The one thing Kross would ass is being a big muscular lad, and there's not much of that in AEW. 

But in terms of the midcarders and also-rans, adding an Ethan Page to your Peter Avalons isn't going to make one jot of difference.

For what it's worth, if I had to bring in anyone from Impact, I'd pick Jimmy Jacobs, Jordynne Grace and Su Yung - and two of those are as much for character dynamics for "the wrestling". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I’ll never forgive Ken for pulling out of the prestigious UCFC event at the Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster. Still, at least I got to see a streaker curl out a shit on the penalty spot. 

I had a similar incident. Went to an MMA show that had Dan Severn billed. It was the time of that Icelandic volcanic eruption and that was touted as the excuse. Heard through the grapevine it was because he hadn’t been paid. The promotion didn’t run another show. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Some 15 years after the end of his last full run with the company, roughly 13 years since his WWE run ended and approaching a decade since he was last on 'major' wrestling TV (TNA's ECW revival period) Johnny Swinger is back!