• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Okay, the arena in Philly looks NOTHING like the old ECW Arena.
In fact, had they not said it was from there I would not have known.
I mean, they managed to fit a decent looking entrance in there for one thing!
I'm guessing it's been expanded/adapted in some way since its ECW days?

It was completely renovated in 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 6:47 AM, Gay as FOOK said:

This is Jarrett's. It looks far better on YouTube. A tour of all the towns he's conquered as champion. There's a bit of that Evolution gold going on in the video, only instead of getting off a chopper he's missed his train. 

Going to chuck on part 2, now, and then probably jump Main Event Mafia my way on up to the first few months of the Bischoff/Hogan era. 

Nah, Doctor Who did it better in the 70's

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Scarlett Bordeuax has been granted her release from Impact. Pretty sure there was reports recently that they'd been paying her so badly she was still working another job and living with her mother. 

She's been one of their most over acts this year as well. 

Jaysus that's a pity. Was only watching TNA the other day and she is definitely a star personality and looks wise. Assume she's going to AEW, as WWE is a bit tame to be exploiting her T&A talents these days.

• Paid Members

Was thinking about TNA on my walk yesterday after it came up on a pod. What is it for these days? It doesn't make money. It's a million miles from being what it was a decade ago. What's it worth now as content?

None of that is criticism, just general interest. From where they were, it seems crazy to be just another indy but that's what they are. I don't think they're pointless - they have value as a development environment but are they happy to spend money to be that?

9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Was thinking about TNA on my walk yesterday after it came up on a pod. What is it for these days? It doesn't make money. It's a million miles from being what it was a decade ago. What's it worth now as content?

None of that is criticism, just general interest. From where they were, it seems crazy to be just another indy but that's what they are. I don't think they're pointless - they have value as a development environment but are they happy to spend money to be that?

I was thinking something similar recently. More in the way of what/who are they in terms of identity.

They have some good talent like Cage, Elgin, LAX, Killer Kross, Moose, Lucha Bros, Tessa Blanchard.

And then youve got Disco Inferno wrestling women which wasnt interesting when he did it in WCW 22 years ago and 'ECW Originals' cutting about 9 years after TNA gave them an unnecessary and embarrassing send off show.

I find it to be a strange watch, especially when they cut to a match from a better period in the companys history which I assume is to advertise Impact Plus. Although the logo is covered/blurred on Channel 5.

4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Scarlett Bordeuax has been granted her release from Impact. Pretty sure there was reports recently that they'd been paying her so badly she was still working another job and living with her mother. 

Yeah, Killer Kross said as much on a recent podcast.
He wants out too but they have up until now refused his request.