Interesting note that the tapings will start at 7pm. Guess that means the first show won't be live after all.

Impact tapings always start at 7PM. They use the extra hour to tape Xplosion matches and dark matches.

Edited by Forrest

• Paid Members
So shows are going to be like 4 1/2 hours long?

You know what you are getting when you buy tickets to TV tapings. Raw used to do it. In fact Raw did were doing it a lot about 18 months ago. They saved about $600,000 a week taping after a live show. There was talks they were going to do that full time.

Great news. They've slowly build up to this, so I'm confident they've got their shit sorted out and know their markets well enough to get decent crowds in.

As loyal as the Orlando crowd has been over the years, they'd achieved burn-out long ago and the small location and tired crowd weren't doing the product any good.

I guess this means less Hogan though, as I can't imagine he'll get on the road for the tapings that much.

• Paid Members
Great news. They've slowly build up to this, so I'm confident they've got their shit sorted out and know their markets well enough to get decent crowds in.

As loyal as the Orlando crowd has been over the years, they'd achieved burn-out long ago and the small location and tired crowd weren't doing the product any good.

I guess this means less Hogan though, as I can't imagine he'll get on the road for the tapings that much.

They can always tape Hogan in backstage segments, at the shows he's going to, and use them when he's not on the road.

This will probably get me watching TNA, again. I stopped watching for a number of reasons, but I guess it's no coincidence that it happened when they went back to taping everything at the Impact Zone, instead of either live or elsewhere. The Impact Zone gets weird when they tape stuff there, it makes everything feel like it's not that important, even when it's a well done angle/promo.

We'll hopefully be done with Aces & Eights by the end of Lockdown. Again, hopefully.

Terrific news. As an irregular viewer a larger arena and an organic crowd will be enough to draw me back in. This along with the dropping of PPVs are good moves and I hope they do well out of it. Maybe these will be things that can lead to them carving out their own identity and overcoming their WWE/WCW/ECW inferiority complex. Dropping the Aces And 8's shite will be the next major step towards goodness.

Really? It seems to be getting worse. The Taz reveal was cool but there was no thought put into it, they just wanted to pop next weeks rating. And the week after they . . . . put him back on commentary. And he's possibly worse then he was before.

This weeks show . .

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

and now they've thrown in Bischoff kid and Briscoe kid. Not a very intimidating lot. I've a bad feeling that the 'higher power' will turn out to be Eric Bish. The only way they can save it is if Eric comes out gets them all to unmask and they beat the shit out of everyone on the roster and then fuck off.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

TNA can have Batista and Jimmy Valiant under those masks and it still wouldn't save the story, for me. The thing should have ended at BFG.

It was pretty cool the first couple of weeks and when Hogan and Sting were hamming it up playing Murtaugh & Riggs, though.

• Paid Members

I personally don't think it's getting worse - more just chugging along at a pretty poor level. It's not been out-and-out terrible, though - they finally made Anderson watchable for the first time in two years, and I am interested in how this thing with Taz will play out. Also, I don't have a problem with the most recent development you've mentioned - I think SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

that Bischoff and Brisco need to work heel for a while. It might even help them improve, like turning heel worked for Cody Rhodes.

But yeah - it's at a pretty critical juncture now. If they don't unveil Eric soon, they might as well drop it.

• Paid Members
It was pretty cool the first couple of weeks and when Hogan and Sting were hamming it up playing Murtaugh & Riggs, though.

I was in bits at the backstage segment where Sting swung that bat at three of them and they all took a big Three Stooges bump.