• Paid Members

Under Pressure is worth a watch, just caught up on the Channel 5 app now.

Anyone else think that Josh Matthews is x10 more bearable when sitting alongside Don Callis?

Interesting that Ishimori is wrestling at Slammiversary, definately some New Japan collaboration going on here.

Nice to see they sold out two nights (paid) at Windsor over the weekend with floor seats for Slammiversary already gone too. Things are on an upward curve.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody still bother with Impact? I'm actually enjoying it more than I have in a while, it's a good easy watch. Things I like: The build of Brian Cage as an unstoppable monster, the OVE stuff, Callihan really does the disgusting vile cretin well, in turn making me more interested in Eddie Edwards than any other time as normally the bloke is right up there on the Nese dullness scale. Seeing Pentagon on a weekly basis in something other than LU, he definitely has some of that star quality, you can just tell when he gets a hot tag and the crowd reacts to him. The intro of this Killer Cross guy.

Only real complaints are Josh Matthews, and also the current title picture, I just don't buy Moose, at all, in any way. I look at him and I see an NFL player, playing pro wrestler, I just can't help it, seems a nice chap but I can't get behind him. Looking forward to what I'm guessing will be an Aries/Cage match that crowns Cage at Bound For Glory maybe.

Have to say that the vignettes Impact are producing are really helping build the characters and stories - especially this week I loved the Killer Kross video, Konnan/King confrontation and Eddie Edwards descent into madness. Impact really excels in making each performer have a reason to be there and doing what they are doing I think.

Yes it did, also for me it had shades of when Hogan saw Warrior in the mirror too. I guess him hallucinating and seeing Callahan represents Eddies descent into insanity. Apart from the wackiness I do like the old fashioned style blood feud between him and Sami. Reminiscent of Raven/Dreamer like Don Callis (who's been a really good pick up as a commentator) has said. 

• Paid Members

I hated the Callihan v Edwards fight in the woods, which was the last episode I saw. In fairness though, I wasn’t a fan of the ‘Broken Matt’ stuff either and am just not into these location shoots at all, they just come over as so hokey and unbelievable.

That was the last episode I watched, and will probably be the last until the World Cup’s over. Other than that I’ve been enjoying the last couple of weeks, very solid.

Great news that Eli Drake’s signed a long term extension, big fan of his.

Impact in front of a full lively crowd really helps the feel of the product I think.
It has really worn out the Impact Zone and moving on from there helps remove the last few remaining links to the 'old' brand.

Positives from this week - video package on Moose. Simple. Effective. Made me give a shit about Moose which I can honestly say I haven't before. Helps flesh out who he is, why he is in wrestling etc. Blood - I know its not the first time we have seen blood on Impact since the regime change but it's refreshing to see it on wrestling TV in 2018. Rich Swann looked good in his debut.

Other stuff - not sold on the Desi Hit Squad but it's their first appearance so we shall see. 

Impact has done a good job on building interest for matches. Everything has a reason, which is good. Am looking forward to Kong v Cage next week, as well as the debut of Killer Kross. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So, according to a thread on /r/SquaredCircle, Impact Wrestling is the best wrestling show out there, with the exception of maybe NJPW. So, I thought I'd check this thread out and see what you guys and its a much more muted reaction. So it's probably somewhere in between, right?

41 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, according to a thread on /r/SquaredCircle, Impact Wrestling is the best wrestling show out there, with the exception of maybe NJPW. So, I thought I'd check this thread out and see what you guys and its a much more muted reaction. So it's probably somewhere in between, right?

I think its a nice easy watch and since Callis and D'Amore took over there have been a lot more consistent storylines and character developments that are given sufficient time to breathe.
In essence, apart from the modern take on vignettes etc. the product has returned to basics - telling stories and developing characters/feuds that people want to see.
Killer Kross has made a big impression on me so far [and that has been as much down to the build and the promo vids as much as anything tbh] and they are clearly grooming Brian Cage as their big star [his match v Kongo Kong last week was short but full of crazy action]. Eddie Edwards' descent into madness has been built well, makes sense [from a wrestling standpoint] and is the most interested anybody has ever been in Eddie Edwards EVER.

It's far from perfect and there are some acts that I am not sold on yet, such as the Desi Hit Squad and Su Yung's zombie bridesmaids are a bit cheesey, but I do look forward to seeing it every week and watch it from beginning to end which is something I have not done with WWE for a while. 

In my opinion, it is certainly worth checking out.